Filling in Centre of Tacho's

me and a mate were talking the other day and came up with a good question to which we couldnt work out the answer…

when you use a digital tacho and at the start and end of the shift you have to enter ‘UK’ as a location.

now the question was if you were using an analogue tacho and just put UK in the start and finish locations what would the legal implications be? would it get picked up on a roadside wheel tappers check or analysis?

in theory there wouldnt be any as it would be exactly the same as the digital unit in reality! it records your kms for the day and what your shift length and activities were during the shift, even though we all know that we put the closest town name (or what services your on or whatever) but what would they legal point of view be if we did just put UK? does anyone know?

This is all I could find in VOSA GV262-02

Centrefield entries
A driver is required to enter the following information on the centrefield of a tachograph chart that he is using to record his activities:

surname and first name (the law does not stipulate which order the names are put — but your employer may have a policy on this);

the date and place where the use of the record sheet begins and ends. The year may be written in full or abbreviated — so both ‘2007’ and ‘07’ are acceptable. If the start and finish places are the same, both must be written on the chart — ditto marks are not acceptable;

the registration numbers(s) of vehicle(s) driven (which should be entered before departing on a new vehicle);

the time at which any change of vehicle takes place; and

the odometer readings:

at the start of the first journey;

at the end of the last journey; and

at the time of any change of vehicle, recording the readings from both vehicles.
Note that the ‘total kms’ field does not have to be completed.

The examples (see link) show names of cities but it does not seem to state that must be the case.

exactly rog, it doesnt stipulate you need to enter town or exact location details. unless its differently worded in the full regs but we couldnt find it anywhere (unless were going blind/stupid or both)

Lee G:
exactly rog, it doesnt stipulate you need to enter town or exact location details. unless its differently worded in the full regs but we couldnt find it anywhere (unless were going blind/stupid or both)

The only other regs I have is 561/2006 and it is not in there but I think there are other regs that cover this - I’ll bet coffeeholic knows where to find the EU regs on this subject :smiley:

ROG:
… - I’ll bet coffeeholic knows where to find the EU regs on this subject :smiley:

You win your bet, he does know.

The regulations ( (EEC) No 3821/85) are different for the analogue tachograph and the digital tachograph as far as the insertion of the starting place is concerned.

The regulations for the analogue tachograph ( (EEC) No 3821/85) ) require that the driver be able to enter “the date and place where use of the sheet begins and the date and place where such use ends” but I would think that place would be interpreted as not just the country.

The digital tachograph regulations (amendment (EC) 2135/98 to (EEC) No 3821/85) require that “The driver shall enter in the recording equipment in conformity with Annex IB the symbols of the countries in which he begins and ends his daily work period”.

So I don’t think you would get away with just entering the country on a chart :wink:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:
… - I’ll bet coffeeholic knows where to find the EU regs on this subject :smiley:

But he aint saying :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

tachograph:
The regulations ( (EEC) No 3821/85) are different for the analogue tachograph and the digital tachograph as far as the insertion of the starting place is concerned.

The regulations for the analogue tachograph ( (EEC) No 3821/85) ) require that the driver be able to enter “the date and place where use of the sheet begins and the date and place where such use ends” but I would think that place would be interpreted as not just the country.

I agree, place requires a bit more detail than just a country.

tachograph:
The digital tachograph regulations (amendment (EC) 2135/98 to (EEC) No 3821/85) require that “The driver shall enter in the recording equipment in conformity with Annex IB the symbols of the countries in which he begins and ends his daily work period”.

So I don’t think you would get away with just entering the country on a chart :wink:

Neither do I.

tachograph:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

But he aint saying :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

You’ve gone and done it now, ROG is already working from ‘two sets of regulations’ and you’ve pointed him to another set. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I see trouble ahead, which is why I didn’t mention them in the quoted post. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

He gets confused enough and posts misinformation due to his belief GV262 is a different regulation to 561/2006 when it is really just a guide to several different sets of regulations, we don’t need him finding out about the other regulations and Statutory Instruments that apply to our work as well.

You won’t mention the regs which covers recording equipment and the downloading and retention of data from 2008 will you? His head would explode. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
You’ve gone and done it now, ROG is already working from ‘two sets of regulations’ and you’ve pointed him to another set. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I see trouble ahead, which is why I didn’t mention them in the quoted post. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG knows of two sets of regulations :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I thought ROG had one set of regulations, a guide that he often refers to as the regulations, and a sometimes over enthusiastic imagination of what the regulations actually say :wink: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
You won’t mention the regs which covers recording equipment and the downloading and retention of data from 2008 will you? His head would explode. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d hate to see his head explode so … no :wink:

tachograph:

Coffeeholic:

ROG knows of two sets of regulations :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I thought ROG had one set of regulations, a guide that he often refers to as the regulations, and a sometimes over enthusiastic imagination of what the regulations actually say :wink: :laughing:

Not one set of regulations, two - GV262 and 561/2006. :laughing: :laughing: I’m guessing 3821/85 and 2135/98 will be boosting that figure shortly. :wink:

And you couldn’t just write Espana or even Spain for a different reason :stuck_out_tongue:

i know why the digital tachograph as on the country in it and not where you are actually cos there no keyboard interface :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: there are a possible 40 million plus locations in Europe and it could take you 9 hours just to find your location to input on the head unit :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Come on Guys, you’ve not told Rog about;

(EC) 1360/2002
(EC) 423/2004
(EEC) 3314/90
(EEC) 2479/95 or
(EEC) 3688/92

or a very long list of Stautory Instruments.

Would the GV262 be the 2009-01 or -02 version?

In the meantime do not use country on analogue charts, place is quite specific as a term but don’t use ‘lay-by’ unless you want an expensive day out. :smiley:

delboytwo:
i know why the digital tachograph as on the country in it and not where you are actually cos there no keyboard interface :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: there are a possible 40 million plus locations in Europe and it could take you 9 hours just to find your location to input on the head unit :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

It does surprise me that the digi tacho is not linked to satellite tracking for your location, as most companies have that now and always say - we are not spying on you. :confused:

geebee45:
Come on Guys, you’ve not told Rog about;

(EC) 1360/2002
(EC) 423/2004
(EEC) 3314/90
(EEC) 2479/95 or
(EEC) 3688/92

:laughing: :laughing:

I see trouble ahead now to :laughing:
(EC) No 423/2004

COUNCIL REGULATION (EC) No 423/2004
of 26 February 2004
establishing measures for the recovery of cod stocks

sounds fishy to me :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

DAFMAD:

delboytwo:

It does surprise me that the digi tacho is not linked to satellite tracking for your location, as most companies have that now and always say - we are not spying on you. :confused:

“Be careful what you wish for, lest it comes true” :stuck_out_tongue:

OOOPS :blush: should have been (EC) 432/2004, but I think to many the Regulation regarding the recovery of Cod Stock is probably more interesting.

I blame the misquote on only having 2 espressos this morning :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

DAFMAD:

delboytwo:

“Be careful what you wish for, lest it comes true” :stuck_out_tongue:

Look at that wonderous piece of ■■■■■ machinery, look like an Iveco. :laughing:
I don’t wish for it. But do know that even penniless companies that haven’t got tow pennies to rub together have it and have it not to spy on you. Its so they haven’t got to keep ringing up asking where you are. Now you can ring them up and ask them where the hell you are. :laughing: :smiling_imp:
Tis also surprising that only Spain demand to know the region who are in at start and end of shift.