Wrong name on tacho

my co driver filled out tachos for both of us the other day as i was late (start time changed, wasnt told) but he put someone else name on my tacho. i didnt see it until i removed the tachos at the end of the day. how do i deal with this one legally and without it looking suspicious?

Explanation on the back. I know of no other recognised way of covering your arse on this one.

You could see if the traffic office want to keep a statement ‘on record’ from both you and your co-driver expalining what happened.

The thing to be aware of though is, are you as the driver not the ‘responsible person’ for ensuring the tacho is filled out correctly? Either way, coming clean is bound to be the better option.

I think. :confused: :confused:

Burn it

Gurner:
Burn it

agreed
and never let anyone else write out your tacho, coz at the end of the day its your responsibility and your neck on the block of something goes wrong

Been in the same situation but my name is easy to spell but people dont think its right so they spell it differently (even banks and the government)

Also you have people who are incapable of writing at all.

Just write on the back of the tachograph what happened and sign it (with your name), also cross out the wrong name on the front, as you have tried to put it right I doubt VOSA will be happy but they wont do you for it so long as all your other tachographs are ok.

What Marcus and ralliesport said is the best, and really the only solution.

Burning, or otherwise disposing of, it adds a more serious problem and would not be a smart ‘solution’. The missing kilometres would need to be accounted for if VOSA made a check of charts at the company. As there may well be a record of you being the driver of the vehicle when the ‘missing milage’ occured they would be looking at you for an explanation. The consequences of the wrong name would be far less than those for missing kilometres.

being honest, both answers have crossed my mind. the tacho is still in my folder with the other charts but untouched ie wrong name.

cheers everyone :smiley:

you could have made a chart out using the manual entry part on the reverse, that would have covered it

i did think of that too but how would you explain one chart being fine and the other filled in by hand and only for that particular day?

i have done it now anyway. changed the name and put ‘driver changed at last minute’ on the back

scanny77:
i did think of that too but how would you explain one chart being fine and the other filled in by hand and only for that particular day?

i have done it now anyway. changed the name and put ‘driver changed at last minute’ on the back

The dog ate it …

Lad at work has lost 21 days worth . His bag got stolen from his car …

from my point of view i would not have changed the name. as 1, you drove with the card in the head when you could have changed the card before you drove and done a manual entry. 2, you have defaced the tacho. that could be a disguise for a multitude of sins. my advise would be to write a explanation full and frank and attach it to the said tacho along with a copy of your co pilots tacho also. hope that helps. brian

Driver changed at last minute doesn’t give a proper explanation, in fact I would say it just adds confusion because why wouldn’t the new driver write out a new chart when he got assigned to the vehicle ‘at the last minute’

Your only course now is to do as Brian suggests, after all that suggestion is straight from the horses mouth so to speak, and write a full account of everything, including the crossing out of the name and the strange explanation on the back.