Address on Tacho

In a thread on here a short while ago the subject of start and finish address came up. I stated that I just put Sheffield on mine some one said i should put Attercliffe Sheffield as the yard is on Attercliffe. This morning I was asked to be more definitive and put more than just Sheffield. So it seems I was wrong. Thinking about it later there is not much room on the chart to put much, so would it be acceptable to put a postcode on. Maybe just the first couple of letters and no, ie S9

no m8 just state the place where your depot is located,ie my depot is based at mossend near glasgow.so as i start and finish in mossend then that’s what goes on my tacho chart.

so in your case it would be …Attercliffe …do your shift and if your finishing at the same place your started then it would be…Attercliffe.hope this helps. :wink:

thats a good un
a full postcode would be very accurate

some of our drivers put coventry i put keresly cos thats the nearest real place
if i came home in the truck when i shouldnt i would be keresly still…cos i wouldny wont a zb from the boss

as a rule of thumb if its in the collins road atlas use it… no matter how
obscure the office think it is

Hitch wrote;

some of our drivers put coventry i put keresly cos thats the nearest real place
if i came home in the truck when i shouldnt i would be keresly still…cos i wouldny wont a zb from the boss

I’d be really careful with that one Hitch. You might get zb off the boss but if home is not in Keresly then as far as VOSA are concerned you are probably looking at; ‘Knowingly make a false record,’ which can involve a trip to Crown Court and a maximum fine of £ 5000 and/or upto 2 years.
On the subject of using postcodes, never seen a problem with using the full postcode, certainly easier than trying to get ‘Sutton in Ashfield’ on a chart. Article 15.5 (b) of EC 3821/85 says; ‘the date and place where use of the sheet begins and the date and place where such use ends.’ Nothing is said about what format you use to record the location.

Start: Here!
Finish: Here!

Easy. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

look lads,if you start and finish where your depot is, you put the name of the place where your depot is located.

for example my depot is based in the eurocentral mossend,so mossend is my start and finish location,so i put mossend on place of starting shift and mossend for place of finishing shift.

but if i started at mossend and finished in risley,does this mean because mossend is near glasgow and risley is near manchester that i have to put the 2 city names down.no i’d put mossend as the start location and risley as finsh location.keep it simple lads. :wink:

Thanks to one and all, Attercliffe it will be. The postcode was just an idea I had. I asked the tacho bloke at work he didn’t have a clue but couldn’t understand why nobody had thought of it before.