tacho question?

hi i was working doing multi drop on friday started at 8.45 i have a timer wich i set to 4.5 hrs i stoped it every time i got to my drops and put it on cross hammers,what i want to know is cos my 4.30 hrs was not reached until about 4.30 works out has 8.15 working time does thw wtd come in? should i have had a 45 about 6 hrs say 2.45? or was i ok to wait for the timer to finish?

you should have took a break after 6hours because of the WTD.

i just getting used to all this tacho stuff ,taken me bloody ages to get used to it! i only drive part time and i just getting my head around the tacho and wtd ! think i worked it out ,am i right in saying u take a 45min break either after 4.30hrs DRIVING time or 6 hrs WORKING time :confused: which ever comes first?
will i be in bother with the agency do u think? :frowning:

yep

slackeye:
i just getting used to all this tacho stuff ,taken me bloody ages to get used to it! i only drive part time and i just getting my head around the tacho and wtd ! think i worked it out ,am i right in saying u take a 45min break either after 4.30hrs DRIVING time or 6 hrs WORKING time :confused: which ever comes first?

Dont worry about the mistakeā€¦we all make mistakes, at least you admitted it.
if i dont make my 4.5hrs driving within 6hrs while doing multi drop i take 30mins brake at the 6hr mark
WTD rule :
Drivers cannot work more than 6 hours without taking a break. If working between 6 and 9 hours a break of at least 30 minutes is required. If working over 9 hours, breaks totalling 45 minutes are required. Breaks can be split into periods of 15 minutes or more and can be taken early.

what i worked the rules out right or i in bother? :open_mouth:

slackeye:
what i worked the rules out right or i in bother? :open_mouth:

Just relax & dont get worked up about it.
you should have had a break at the 6hour markā€¦even if it was 30mins, as the WTD states you cant work more than 6hrs without a break.

slackeye:
am i right in saying u take a 45min break either after 4.30hrs DRIVING time

Correct

slackeye:
or 6 hrs WORKING time :confused: which ever comes first?

If you havenā€™t reached 4.5 hours driving time by the time you reach 6 hours working time then you need to take a break of at least 15 minutes. Because your shift was between 6 and 9 hours duration then you needed breaks totalling 30 minutes. You could have taken 30 minutes at, or before, 6 hours working time but if you just took 15 minutes at that point you will need a further 15 minutes before the end of your shift.

slackeye:

depends how keen they are on monitoring the WTD. You didnā€™t contravene the tacho rules and they are the important ones. I was in a VOSA check point last week and they scrutinised the best part of 3 weeks tachos, I know there would have been loads of WTD infringements on them but he handed them back to me saying, ā€œWell done, they are all fine.ā€ :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

so if i had a break in 6 hrs for 15 min when i reached my 4.5 hrs i needed a break of 30 min ? then started 4.5 again sorry for all the questions just dont want to break the law :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

slackeye:
so if i had a break in 6 hrs for 15 min when i reached my 4.5 hrs i needed a break of 30 min ? then started 4.5 again sorry for all the questions just dont want to break the law :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

Yeahā€¦that is what i do if i do a multi drop

slackeye:

Correct. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Unless you donā€™t accumulate 4.5 hours driving in the shift, in which case you would need a further 15 minutes to comply with the WTD.

:slight_smile: thanks lads i have been reading up and thats when i noticed my mistake it just making sure i think all training schools should make it compulsory that u learn how to use the tacho and rules,u should also learn all about load securing and other things i think its a lot harder once u out after u pass then getting the test passed to be honest :open_mouth:

It is worth checking if you are an agency what they take off you for breaks. Some will automatically take 45 minutes anyway wether you take them or not - on one contract we were deducted an hour for breaks, so you can be ā– ā– ā– ā–  sure that we took them, and always out on the road NEVER in the yardā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦

G