tacho help

hi guys , 2 questions please

ok here we go …i start at 3am and put my card in im doing multi drop so dont drive loads but takes ages . am i correct in saying after six hours i need to take 45 mins even if my driving hours are fine ■■? …

and the other way lets say i do drive 4.5 hours before the six hours . do i only take 1 break of 45 mins or do i have to take another at the six hours … :blush:

help me please

20mins I think

craigiej:
hi guys , 2 questions please

ok here we go …i start at 3am and put my card in im doing multi drop so dont drive loads but takes ages . am i correct in saying after six hours i need to take 45 mins even if my driving hours are fine ■■? …

and the other way lets say i do drive 4.5 hours before the six hours . do i only take 1 break of 45 mins or do i have to take another at the six hours … :blush:

help me please

In order to comply with the RT(WT)R you should have a break of at-least 15 minutes before exceeding 6 hours work, if your working time is between 6 and 9 hours you should have another 15 minutes break before the end of shift.
If your working time is more than 9 hours you should have a break of at-least 15 minutes before exceeding 6 hours working time and total of 45 minutes break/breaks before the end of shift which can be taken in separate breaks of no less than 15 minutes each.

RT(WT)R breaks also count for driving breaks where appropriate and vice versa so a 15 minute WTD break at or before 6 hours working time will also count as the first part of a split driving break.

If you reach 4½ hours driving time before exceeding 6 hours working time the 45 minute driving break will also cover you for the RT(WT)R break.

Deeireland:
20mins I think

No, that’s not correct.

Used to be 20 mins did it not?

thanks for the replys guys …

ok i have another then … i put my card in at 3 am and finnish at 1300 hours lets say i take 45 mins break at 5 am do i need to take another ■■ :blush:

Deeireland:
Used to be 20 mins did it not?

I think it’s 20 minutes for the general WTD but not the WTD for mobile workers and never was as far as I’m aware.

craigiej:
thanks for the replys guys …

ok i have another then … i put my card in at 3 am and finnish at 1300 hours lets say i take 45 mins break at 5 am do i need to take another ■■ :blush:

If you had a 45 minute break from 05:00 to 05:45 you would need another 15 minute break no later than 11:45 (6 hour rule), that is of course assuming that you didn’t reach another 4½ hours driving first.

A few companies probably don’t bother with the working time regulations but unless you’re sure that your company don’t bother with it I would stick to it, well personally I’d comply with the 6 hour rule anyway.

Same as above^