tacho hours

hi all just after a bit of help maybe stupid question lol hope it makes some kind of sense

i work monday to friday as a gas engineer 8am to 5pm what does this allow me to do from when i Finnish on the friday to when i start back on the monday with the rules and when i get into the truck on my digi card at any point what do i have to put in as a manual entry say i drive one saturday or drive on say a wednesday night for a couple of hours if this is allowable
thanks in advance
liam

LiamX8:
hi all just after a bit of help maybe stupid question lol hope it makes some kind of sense

i work monday to friday as a gas engineer 8am to 5pm what does this allow me to do from when i Finnish on the friday to when i start back on the monday with the rules and when i get into the truck on my digi card at any point what do i have to put in as a manual entry say i drive one saturday or drive on say a wednesday night for a couple of hours if this is allowable
thanks in advance
liam

All your other work must get officially recorded when you drive under EU regs in any fixed week and the daily/weekly rest periods must be observed - that means driving on a weds night is deffo out and generally you can drive for one day every other weekend

You could get a few driving hours in at other times such as from 5pm to 11pm three evenings a week as an example

I think he said a couple of hours on the Wednesday ROG.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

so every second saturday i could do my max hours 2 x 4.5 hours with a 45 min break or could i do more with other work on a saturday

and would this include doing upto 4.5 hours on 3 evenings after work aslong as i finnish for 11pm within the week

am i understanding that correct

thanks for the replies above by the way :smiley:

LiamX8:
so every second saturday i could do my max hours 2 x 4.5 hours with a 45 min break or could i do more with other work on a saturday

On one day at the weekend every second week you could do up-to 10 hours driving and a maximum of 15 hours from start of the shift to the end of the shift.

LiamX8:
would this include doing upto 4.5 hours on 3 evenings after work aslong as i finnish for 11pm within the week

Realistically you’re not going to get shifts after your day job that are guaranteed to be finished by 23:00 three times a week, you’d be exceptionally lucky to get one shift that’s guaranteed to be finished by 23:00 never mind three.

In the real world unless you have a good friend or relative who can fix you up with very short shifts you should forget about driving HGVs after your day job in the week, it’s just not a realistic option.

thnks for all the info :smiley: