Driving hours over two weeks

HI Guys i have never come close to this before so not taken much notice of it befor but.

i am on my 2nd weeks work and have clocked up 74 hours of actual driving time acording to the tacho .

my question is i know over 2 rolling weeks you can have 90 hour driving but when does it start as i still have two shifts to do tonight starting at 23.30 and mon morning at 00.01 and am worried about my shift on monday with regards to actual driving hours left to me.

not sure if you understand what i am on about but any help would be great.

thanks

jess

jess24845030:
HI Guys i have never come close to this before so not taken much notice of it befor but.

i am on my 2nd weeks work and have clocked up 74 hours of actual driving time acording to the tacho .

my question is i know over 2 rolling weeks you can have 90 hour driving but when does it start as i still have two shifts to do tonight starting at 23.30 and mon morning at 00.01 and am worried about my shift on monday with regards to actual driving hours left to me.

not sure if you understand what i am on about but any help would be great.

thanks

jess

You can legally drive for a maximum of 56 hours in a week (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday) and 90 hours in any two consecutive weeks.

The weekly driving time is the time recorded as driving from 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday and the fortnightly driving time is the driving time in any two consecutive weeks.

The 90 hour fortnightly driving limit for this rolling two week period will end tomorrow night at midnight (Sunday 24:00).

So the driving done in the shift starting Monday at 00:01 will count towards the driving time for next week and the two weekly driving time for this week and next week.

So you’re OK on your driving time as long as you don’t do anything silly like 16 hours driving in tonight’s shift :open_mouth: :laughing:

Hope that makes sense and good luck :wink:

Thanks for the reply thats great i hoped it was like that ,now i can do my bank holiday shift and earn some good money :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Small point but if you are using a digi tacho your fortnightly driving time will not reset until 01:00 BST on Monday morning. your current fortnight began at 01:00 BST on the 17th May and will end at 01:00 BST on the 31st May. Depending on what and when you have worked that could make a difference.

I am currently parked near Dortmund and have a little over 10 hours driving left for the fortnight. If I don’t get back home in my next shift starting at 16:00 BST today I will have to park until 01:00 BST on Monday.