T.D.W.

If any of you get the chance to collar a TDWilliams driver would you do me a big favour and ask him the ins and outs of the job for me wages/work/time away/general atmosphere, If you can do this i would be V grateful…

I know years ago the money was crap. I was talking to one of their drivers whilst unloading in South Wales and the subject of money came up. I cant remember the exact figurs but I was on a lot more money than him and only driving a 4 wheeler.
As I said this was sometime ago so things might have changed.

I remember reading a story about an old lad at TDW who had won some International driver award from the IRU. I have never heard of this award before or since.

been told by Di the Bike who drives for um in Tesco Magor wed afternoon that its £93 a day £22 N/O
but Di can tell some good stories :smiley:
But FSEW in cardiff pay £100 a shift and £25 N/O just been for an interview

Worked for them about three years ago, it didn’t last long :laughing:

At the time trampers were on less than £7/hr. I was on days, but it wasn’t what I would call days :unamused:

malcolmj:

Done some spot work for them, decent bunch in the office and easy going.

If you do end up working there come and say hello, I’m the only one in a blue premium :wink:

malcolmj:

Yes i can verify the £100 but i didnt realise it was £25 per night out though,
Funnily enough im waiting on a application form from them to be running out of Baglan Energy Park (2 mins from my house)

Only downside is i cant get on the containers for them out of Baglan i would have to run out of Cardiff :frowning: so it would be tauts for me

God Malc you get through nearly as many jobs as me :laughing: Fed up with euro are you mate?

steve_24v:
If you do end up working there come and say hello, I’m the only one in a blue premium :wink:

I’ll look out for you too steve

Reef:

steve_24v:

I’ll look out for you too steve

I’ve been looking out for you as a lot of your trucks pass this way, name plate ?

Don’t seem you’ll be working for them much longer though :laughing:

btw, I don’t think there’s much chance of getting on the boxes with FSE but the rag side is expanding.

Best of luck…

Yeah a big contract of ours is Eurobond next to the Freightliner terminal (hence half our trailers have eurobond all over them) I very rarely drive the Merc megaspaces my usual truck is a 4 series Scania and as we only have two 4 series Scanias its a 50/50 chance i’ll be behind the wheel of one of them + also my shift is 2pm till 10ish pm the place your most likely to see me though is Asda’s in Chepstow on a 6 or 6:30 pm booking

Ive got a name plate… In the boot of my car …What you mean you cant see it, cant think why :confused: :laughing:

If you’ve ever been to TDW’s HQ at Ammanford and seen and smelt the state of their drivers’ toilets then you’ll know exactly how much regard they hold drivers in.

Where are FSEW based?? cardiff yes?? are they out all week?? they have seemed to expanded as ive seen many a truck coming back down the M4 corridor,

Thetaff:
Where are FSEW based?? cardiff yes?? are they out all week?? they have seemed to expanded as ive seen many a truck coming back down the M4 corridor,

The freightliner terminal, Wentloog ind est, Cardiff… HERE

Reef:
God Malc you get through nearly as many jobs as me :laughing: Fed up with euro are you mate?

no not fed up but they are based about 5mins from my front door and i know about 6 of thier drivers from my time at sheddicks/norbert dentressangle at newport and a little birdie tells me they about to do euro work too

I heard a TDW driver telling someone that they had just bought 9 FH12 from Maritime last week