Sunday lunch pub with parking?

I’m working tomorrow running down to Northampton from Wakefield, and I’m taking the wife with me. We’re planning on making a day of it and stop at a pub for lunch.

So what I’m looking for is a nice pub with decent food (so it won’t be a brewsters factory food joint), that’s handy to the M1 and that has somewhere to park the wagon within a 5 minute walk.

The food’s not bad at the Treble Bob on M1 J30. You can park the wagon in the Ind Est / Business Pk at the back of it.

Come off at J30, turn left, straight over the doughnut and down the hill (Treble Bob will be on your right as you go down the hill) to the next doughnut and take the last exit before you come back on yourself. Run up the hill and it will bring you round the back of the pub and it’s literally 30 seconds walk into the pub from there. The road goes round in a loop to come back on itself so no problems getting out.

Link for the place here. I’ve stopped here many times on a night out in the wagon and the food has been very good with nice scenery too - you know, the kind of scenery the wife wouldn’t approve of you looking at. :laughing:

Only other places I can think of are Wetherspoon’s, but you won’t be able to park anywhere near the one in Northampton as it’s right in the middle. Nearest you’ll get is Super Sausage or the Ind Est on the left, up the hill from the lights, but this is a marked clamping area (no problems myself).

HTH.

Red Lion off J16.

Not stopped there myself,but am aware it’s a truck stop/pub run,or used to be,by a former truck driver.

I’m sure someone can enlighten us about it as to whether it’s any good,and if it serves the good old roast beef and yorkshire pud.

I know it’s only 5-10 minutes from our head orifice,and some of the lads on my contract stop there rather than the HQ yard.

Ken.

Quinny:
Red Lion off J16.

Not stopped there myself,but am aware it’s a truck stop/pub run,or used to be,by a former truck driver.

I’m sure someone can enlighten us about it as to whether it’s any good,and if it serves the good old roast beef and yorkshire pud.

I know it’s only 5-10 minutes from our head orifice,and some of the lads on my contract stop there rather than the HQ yard.

Ken.

Forget it. The Red Lion is the crime hot spot of the country at the moment and you can kiss good bye to your diesel and load by the time you return. :bulb:

You could take her to the Stockyard, although it may be a bit close to home.

Otherwise Leicester Forest are doing sunday lunches! YUK :open_mouth:

Do your run,come back head for Newmillerdam,first pub on your left!!