Any decent eateries around northampton or immediately off M1

the m1 corridor northward from Northampton to M18 that is…

Just got an agency call to work from 6pm tonight delivering stuff to Northampton for a farm I’ve worked for before…

reckon I should hit northampton in about 2.25 to 2.5 hours from setting off, do my drops and be ready for some nosh (seeing as I’ve been awake all day, not expecting any work!).

any pointers for nosh stops decently priced, not greasy, within a mile or so of the m1 junctions ■■

ta.

Shame you can’t wait until about 7am,because at J27,there is Ma Larkins. :smiley:

Come off Northbound,and at the top of the sliproad,glance over to your left,and you’ll see an ex British Rail personnel van,next to the gritting yard.

Full breakfast,with tea or coffee,bread or toast,is £3.80. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Can’t recommend it enough.Lesley is the lady that owns it,and she’s a smashing person.If you ring in advance,it’ll more than likely be ready for you,if you can get in.

Tel:07702 130784.

Ken.

Jacks Hill on the A5■■? Come off at 15a … head towards Silverstone and then turn right onto the A5 heading North

mmm, thats a thought - could swing off at m18 j1 rotherham and see if the truckstop is open, or if desperate could go to the 24 hour tesco in ilkeston m1 j26 and grab a sarnie.

I think the BP Wild Bean Cafe’s are really good, I know this isn’t really an “eaterie” but there’s one at Northampton services. Nice sandwiches and hot food too. The coffee is good as well.

i know it’s to late for you el gordo 78 but just in case you need it again

5minutesaway.co.uk/

the agency fluffed up - wasn’t a northampton run, was just 2 local drops cos their main driver ran out of hours. 2.25 hours. ah well - kept me occupied.

but cheers anyway folks :smiley:

ps - there’s a wild-bean cafe on the a610, M1 J26, west (nottingham) side.
just follow road to nottingham A610 on the exit, spot the BP on your right, round the roundabout and back up. big enough to take an artic iirc :slight_smile:

El gordo count yourself lucky because that trip would have been a nightmare today. A lorry shed its load and most of itself across the southbound carriaggeway. They closed it completely for a while some people were stuck for three hours. Forewarned I went down the A61 so did a lot of other peeps. took me nearly two hours to do twenty miles.

agency rates so paid hourly - would have happily sat in that jam :wink: :smiley:

A good few years back now, but when I did agency work the minimum pay was 8 hours. If the job only lasted 30 mnutes, we were paid 8 hrs. If we arrived on site and were told, “sorry mate that job has been canceled”, we were paid 8 hrs.

I hope you got paid for 8 hrs rather than 2:25 mate. Even if it was the agency who fluffed up rather than the customer.

I certainly will :smiley: I didn’t know it, but when I nipped into the office to tell them my hours, they grinned and said "easy shift for 8 hours pay eh! " :smiley:

and as it was a evening/night drive in their eyes it was an extra quid an hour over normal rates :smiley:

The Super Sausage

Either on the A5 at Pottersbury, or the one in Far Cotton, Northampton.

Both have the best breakfast in the UK :slight_smile: