Northampton Services This morning

I wish the overhead matrix boards were a bit more helpful this morning , (my own fault really) i aimed to stop at northampton northbound on my way back from welham green i can do it in 4hr 10 only to be greeted by the slip road closed therefore no access to services, if there was plenty of warning before newport pagnell on the overheads id have stopped there, but nothing to say services furtur up closed, spoke to a few drivers in Watford Gap this morning in same boat hotfooting it down ,as i made it there gone over 1 minute which im gutted about really due to parking up and the way some of the frickin foreighners parked up its no wonder it was a mess there, the only things on the overhead said j15a closed but i wish theyd have put northampton services closed too, it was roadworks apparantly

They are a load of ■■■■■ mate, coming down the m1 this morning and kept seeing long delays because of that car fire. I was contemplating coming off and going around a few junctions which would have lost a fair bit of time.

In the end I decided to stay on the m1 And when I approached the wreckage there wasn’t any queues at all. I didn’t even have to come off the limiter.

That whole thing has been a bit of a gamble. We have to come off 15A on the way back so we’d seen the signs on the slip about a week before saying “Road Closed 21:00-06:00 from 1st October for 10 Nights”.
First few nights I’m coming back between 10pm and 1am and it was always open, then on my last night I get to the junction about 20:45 and they’d already closed it off! No prior warnings so I could have come off at 15. Bloody useless.

so can you access services from jct 15 to get to 15a? (for future ref lol)

I wouldn’t lose any sleep over a minute.

worksopboy:
so can you access services from jct 15 to get to 15a? (for future ref lol)

J15 turn right A45
up the next big slip road, (not into shell) left at the roundabout onto the ring road (queen elenor interchange)
over the next two roundabouts
right at the third roundabout (signed M1)
follow M1 north (over 1st roundabout right at the second)
then your at the services :smiley:

cheers will bear that in mind for next time

the a43 nr j15ahas been shut between 9pm and 6am the only sign informing this is a yellow sign 400 yards from j16!!! then u get the signs telling u the m6 toll is clear just after u past j20 going down the m1!!

Workshop boy: Some of these “f…n’ foreigners” are better driver than you. And some of them has better English too…

Dennisthemenace:
Workshop boy: Some of these “f…n’ foreigners” are better driver than you. And some of them has better English too…

Not you though. :wink:

Reckon? :smiley: