J9 Truckstop (M1)

Definitely stopping there tomorrow night with a fellow driver from our depot,but as I’ve never stopped there before,and there’s nothing in the website truck guide about it,what’s the place like? (Cost,food etc)

And is anyone else likely to be there off this site? (Yes,I know it’s Friday…)

Ken.

I dont stop there as I only live a couple of miles away. I have eaten there a few times though. The food can be a bit greasy but it is priced sensibly. They do 2 parking tickets, 1 with and 1 without a meal voucher. I think it’s around the £8 mark. There is no bar there but there is a pub a couple of hundred yards up the road.

Personally, if I was stopping in this area I would use the truckstop at Luton. It is cleaner, the showers are better, the food is much better if a little more expensive. The parking is £7 and you get 25% off your meal. They have a bar there. Not sure if they still do it but security used to give you a call in the morning if you required it.

To get there, come off the M1 at J11 turn towards Luton, 1st r/about turn right and just before the road goes up a bit of a hill, bear to the left.
I definetely reccomend it over Watling street.

Excellent,many thanks.

It’s just that I won’t be leaving our yard until about 11am tomorrow,as I can’t tip Kilburn until 7pm due to the wonderful loading restrictions that London has,I really can’t be bothered to drive any further,plus I will meet up with my Irish counterpart,who will have done Hastings,Tonbridge,Maidstone and Catford.

So it’ll be just as easy to stop at J9.

Plus I hear that the pub up the road has some,‘ahem’,entertainment on, :wink: so that’ll be good for a laugh.

Ken.

While everything Pecall says about the Luton truckstop is true, the parking is now £8.50.

Last time i stopped at the watling street (we always called it markyate) it was about 8 quid with a meal. The food was ok, plenty of it, the showers are a bit rough, but they work anyway!

I prefer Luton too, but if you arent there early you can get shoved at the back where it is noisy with changeovers or not even get in.

Decent Bar and Bands though

The last time i stopped at jctn9 i went to the pub just up the road and the ladies in the pub kept taking their clothes off and dancing round a big pole thingy :wink:;)…

jammymutt:
The last time i stopped at jctn9 i went to the pub just up the road and the ladies in the pub kept taking their clothes off and dancing round a big pole thingy :wink:;)…

They were probably just practising for the village fete. :wink:

Just rung my mate,and J11 it will be then.

Ken.