Stupid things the boss says to you

Got into work this morning, 11am, got the run sheet. From the depot (corby), 1st drop MK, then Leighton buzzard, down to Wimbledon and into Caterham, back to Corby (yeah like thanks for that!). So I asks the boss for a Dart Tag to return, and he interrorgates me for 5 mins on the routes I’m planning to take. I say M25 to A3 then drop down the A219 into wimbo - cue intake of breath,’ well really you should use the north and south circular’. Then he asks which way I’m coming back from Caterham, saying ‘what would you do if there was no M25?’, to which i just said ‘i wouldn’t use it then would I?!, will you give me a dart tag or not?!’ then he wittered on about when he was a driver blah blah blah; if it was that good then he’d still be on the road surely!

On another note - GEE thanks mate to the DAF tipper ‘driver’ with those shiny mirror protectors! Past Northampton on the road to the A5, you get to a village with a shut down pub on a roundabout, then over a narrow bridge - said matey coming the other way made no effort to go to the side, so I pulled over another few inches to make sure there was no unintentional paint swapping, and clanged the mirror on the bridge and swung in. Luckily the mirror didn’t break.
Most other drivers at least make some effort to avoid contact!

the boss tell me never run bent but 2 week in out side wincantons in glos over night he ring me to ask when due to tip at wincanton i told him 5am he said don’t put your card in till you have been tipped i said no my card goes in before i move anywhere he said that no one will know and i said yes there is me and he said just this time ok i said no he said your not playing the game mate i said to he its not a game its my licence

got back to base later in week he said to me as you didn’t do that thing for me next week you will be out all day sat i said do i get payed for that he said no your on salary i said by then and quit

its my licence not there’s the don’t own it or have the right to tell to break the law

Two answers.

Post 1: What do you expect from a tipper with bling.

Post 2: Good on ya mate, maybe a call to VOSA as I’ll bet my ■■■ you aren’t the only one he expects to do it.

Can you guess what mood I’m in today■■? :laughing:

Premestrual■■?

CBR_SI:
Got into work this morning, 11am, got the run sheet. From the depot (corby), 1st drop MK, then Leighton buzzard, down to Wimbledon and into Caterham, back to Corby (yeah like thanks for that!). So I asks the boss for a Dart Tag to return, and he interrorgates me for 5 mins on the routes I’m planning to take. I say M25 to A3 then drop down the A219 into wimbo - cue intake of breath,’ well really you should use the north and south circular’. Then he asks which way I’m coming back from Caterham, saying ‘what would you do if there was no M25?’, to which i just said ‘i wouldn’t use it then would I?!, will you give me a dart tag or not?!’ then he wittered on about when he was a driver blah blah blah; if it was that good then he’d still be on the road surely!

TM - Yeah, but if you look at the map, it’s 3" shorter that way :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well i will start off…

1, do us a favour.

2, aarrhhh here’s my favourite driver.

3, just nip too.

can you just…

you know you wanted to be finished early/back on friday…

i got a lovely job for you here…

euromat:

now why does everyone of the spare drivers seem to disappear outside for a smoke/coffee just seconds before thats said, leaving you sat there alone. Stuck with the crappiest job

How come when you run back to the yard at 4pm on a Friday after being away since Sunday do you see loads of drivers washing their trucks etc and then the TO says to you “hello mate, you couldn’t do us a quick one could you”? :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

peirre:

euromat:

now why does everyone of the spare drivers seem to disappear outside for a smoke/coffee just seconds before thats said, leaving you sat there alone. Stuck with the crappiest job

My TM sometimes has the habbit of when he rings up he starts by talking in a serious voice you know like when they greet you with

"Ah Mr #Surname#… etc etc!" "

Like he is about to give me the biggest ear bashing of all time because you have upset a customer…que the flash backs of what you could of possiblyc have done/said that day at customers to warrant said call, he’ll then change and ask if you fancy doing an extra day.

As normally he waits till your back in the yard to speak to you regarding anything and not normally ring you up, unless you have done something wrong, thats why i always dread the “Transport Office” number flashing on the display.

i was stupid to answering a call on the home phone one sunday morning…

ahh rob… can you just… (give up ur afternoon and run up the road for a early tip monday morning)

i hate that phrase… can you just.

or

can you do us a fav?

(esp on a friday night say 5pm ish after being out all week)

the maoster:
How come when you run back to the yard at 4pm on a Friday after being away since Sunday do you see loads of drivers washing their trucks etc and then the TO says to you “hello mate, you couldn’t do us a quick one could you”? :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: that really rattles me as well.

‘‘All instructions come from this desk’’…
‘‘You’re not paid to think’’…
‘‘WHERE ARE YOU’’■■? (‘‘Carlisle’’) ‘‘CARLISLE ,HAVE THEY MOVED IT’’ ■■?

sorry weve just SOLD your job , but dont worry today you can be the CUNNING PLAN MAN .
which basically means you did have a good job for the day but its now been given to a brown noser , and youve now got the ■■■■ job he should be doing :unamused:

When mine rings and says “Hi how are you ?” .You know you are about to get shafted.

I usually get an “ah Stewart…” in a voice that makes it sound like you’re doing them a favour!!!
Or if they call me they trot out the usual “we’re in the ” and they tried that one when I had A/L the other week!!!
Thats why when Im on a rest day, the phone usually gets turned off at night or put on silent… :laughing:
If its a Sunday they call, its usually an emergency rail replacement job, which I dont mind doing…

“You SHOULD be back tonight”
“They SHOULD tip you if you get there 24 hours late/early”
“Why havent you been tipped yet?” (see above)
“You SHOULD be underweight”
“You SHOULD have enough hours”

E.T.C. E.T.C…

The word SHOULD is used by the boss when theres clearly no way im going to manage to get done whats being asked of me.

“Can you do me a favour?”
“Do you fancy going to…”

When the boss comes out with the lines above I just reply with “are you asking me or telling me?” To which I get the reply, “errm, telling you” LOL!

My boss could not under stand why i could not get back one night.I had run from truckhaven to wigan back up to inverary and then back to Greta 15hr day