I think my boss is gonna go mad with me!

A66 in Middlesbrough this morning…driver forgot to fasten the twist locks!

oops :blush:

Oh dear!

At least it was empty I guess!

So that’s where I left it!!!

He’s a Professional Driver, one of the best.

The twistlocks suffered metal fatigue and the Tanktainer sheared them all off.

Well the boss did tell him to tip in Middlesborough job done ,home for tea

You can’t leave that there, it’s an Urban Clearway! :laughing:

I’m looking at what is on the back of the John Dickinson low loader.

Christ bet he is popular, I have a routine at all the places we collect boxes of when to do the locks so I don’t forget.
I would hate that to happen to me

Ive not long been i this driving game, but is it just me or is this sort of thing becoming more and more prevalent? Although I’ve had my licence for nigh on 20 years (Ex Military) I’m continuously seeing more and more pictures of various bridge strikes, dropped loads, trailers, boxes etc etc etc! Cant help but think this has something to do with the standard of driving today…or day i say it…nationality?!

Darktower:
Ive not long been i this driving game, but is it just me or is this sort of thing becoming more and more prevalent? Although I’ve had my licence for nigh on 20 years (Ex Military) I’m continuously seeing more and more pictures of various bridge strikes, dropped loads, trailers, boxes etc etc etc! Cant help but think this has something to do with the standard of driving today…or day i say it…nationality?!

No it’s not any worse. What’s different today is that everybody has a camera phone and a Facebook/Twitter/Instagram account. As soon as somethings posted it gets picked up on and shared instantly reaching thousands of people that would have been none the wiser in days gone by.

Nothing to do with rise of first the digital camera, and then the camera phone, coupled with a rise in HGV’s on our roads… oh and a global way for us to show off and view all these fantastic ■■■■ ups our brethren make.

bit strange that one, wonder how far he,s travelled as on that side of the roundabout he is going towards the docks not just coming out of them

I might have dodged a bullet on this one…I was loading out of Hope concrete and got held up…I was in there for 40 minutes instead of 15ish…While it happened…would have exited roundabout left hand lane for Ormesby bank… :wink:

Is that why they call 'em Drop Tanks? :open_mouth:

I was off work today and saw it happen, the driver carried on and came back about 5 mins later with his boss shortly followed by the police. The two front twist locks where open and the rear 2 had ripped from the trailer and where still on the tank. The tank in the picture was against the headboard of the trailer ( two 20fts on a flat bed). The lad didn’t know what to do and was flapping about, I wanted to offer him some reassuring words but there’s nothing I could say :confused:

You just know it ain’t your day when you forget stuff like that.

How does one close only 2 of 4 twist locks? I can’t figure it out… :open_mouth:

chaversdad:
bit strange that one, wonder how far he,s travelled as on that side of the roundabout he is going towards the docks not just coming out of them

grangemouth.
it was strapped as there was a 23ft tank on the back.