t.o

got back fri at about 14.00 to be asked if i had enough driving to work saturday,yes ive got enough to do it, told me job so went and checked trailer to find 14 tyres in trailer, went and checked my fri night trunk to find it half full so said to mamager chuck them on fri night trunk and ill drop them off tonight, and you pay me sat o/t tonight.
the look of horror on his face was a picture, said its a sat job so has to be done on a saturday,
me fair enough if you want to waste 100 lts of diesel carry on and walked off
15 mins later comes back with another boss and says run that passed us again
ill drop tyres off tonight, you pay me sat o/t tonight , you save 100lts of fuel .
other boss says i like that, do it , just write it on time sheet and ill sign it up now.
original boss still look baffled by it all
why dont they have drivers in the t.o who could see things like that straight away instead of so called managers who think if you make a suggestion your
on a make/or fiddle

Im surprised he didnt just say, we dont need you tomorrow, and chuck the tyres on fridays load.

Gurner:
Im surprised he didnt just say, we dont need you tomorrow, and chuck the tyres on fridays load.

That’s what most of them would do alright. :wink:

They dont think drivers have brains.

jammymutt:

We don’t - are they not still removed as part of the hgv licence application?

jammymutt:

that’s ridiculous, all drivers have them - most just don’t use them :stuck_out_tongue:

bet he wishes now he had done what gurner said - obviously bossman not that bright :laughing:

jammymutt:

Am told im payed from the neck down !!! :confused:

So bosses r just thick as ■■■■…good one ady

why dont they have drivers in the t.o who could see things like that straight away instead of so called managers

A lot of companies don’t like drivers in the office,because they know a driver knows the easiest way to do it,as they have been on the sharp end,and it would make the manager look incompetent.

What companies want,are people who have never set foot in a truck,or read a map,but know how a computer would do it.

Don’t forget,‘Your only a driver.’

I know through experience.

Ken.

Fallmonk has some nice brains on his avatar :smiley: :smiley:

charles

jj72:

jammymutt:

that’s ridiculous, all drivers have them - most just don’t use them :stuck_out_tongue:

bet he wishes now he had done what gurner said - obviously bossman not that bright :laughing:

Maybe he got more brains than that and worked out that if he’d just put the tyres on the load and not paid for Saturday, then next time it happens ADY would just do two runs get the pay and use the diesel.

I think in management speak ADY was “thinking out of the box” :laughing:

I would have found him another job for Saturday :stuck_out_tongue: He had already been paid so he cant complain :smiley: