Strange things in your new uniform

open my new uniform box and there the normal stuff you normally get bar-
GREEN CONSTRUCTION TYPE HARD HAT, where do stobarts drivers go to wear them , has he bought out wimpey or some other construction firm :confused: :confused: .
all the uniforms ive had over the years ive never had one

Your load is above your head maybe thats why■■?.

I’ve seen a Stobart tipper with doors along the sides (I don’t know neither) in Whitwell quarry, near Worksop. It was around 10 years ago now but a hard hat would have been needed :wink:

you must be one of the lucky ones, I use a hard hat all the time. I’m always being sent to building sites with knauf loads. :unamused:

We have to keep one in the cab as some customers like chep and carlsburg make you ware them.

“No, Mr Coroner he didn’t comply with H&S regs, if he’d got his hard hat on that badly loaded 1 tonne pallet would’ve bounced right off”

I feel an EST tie joke coming on
:confused:

It’s not the 1t pallet dropping on your head but the door swinging open or the side doors dropping down or a hundred and one other reasons to wear a hard hat , if it’s a requirement to wear one then WEAR IT…I’m glad I had mine on the other day saved me from a nasty bump.
Yes it is a pain in the bum but just wear it.

they’re a pain. hot, uncomfortable, and either drop down blocking your view or fall off if you bend down.

Takes me twice as long to get loaded/tipped. 1/2 the time doing what i should be doing, 1/2 the time flipping about with the hat.

Some places we go in have to have steelies, high viz, hat, safety glasses, and ear muffs.

So when someones yelling & gesticulating at me to get out the way, i can’t see 'em 'cos the specs are steamed up, i can’t hear 'em for the 'muffs, but it’ll be ok 'cos whatever weight drops on my bonce will just bounce of the hat :unamused:

ady1:
open my new uniform box and there the normal stuff you normally get bar-
GREEN CONSTRUCTION TYPE HARD HAT, where do stobarts drivers go to wear them , has he bought out wimpey or some other construction firm :confused: :confused: .
all the uniforms ive had over the years ive never had one

on construction sites only health and safetey gents wear green hats so your right all stobbies boys have your health and safety in mind as they fly past u and make u brake as they pull in quick. :laughing: some might even be redundant crane drivers :laughing: :laughing:

Does it have a girls name written on the front to match the truck? :wink:

Only one place I can think of where the warehouse is a hardhat area, but we never have any reason to go in there so don’t need one. Probably meant for the general haulage drivers rather than the ‘fridge jockeys’.

if you ever venture into the black hole that is or used to be o’connors at widnes now part of the steady eddy family hard hats are compulsory :wink:

As a reminder ES management has issued a briefing :-

"We would like to remind all our drivers who have been issued H+S equipment NOT to play with their Helmets whilst driving. " :laughing:

"We would like to remind all our drivers who have been issued H+S equipment NOT to play with their Helmets whilst driving. "

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: very funny!!!

If i remember rightly, you need a hard hat to collect a Tesco backhaul
from Inbev at Salmesbury, Although dont know why must be keen on H&S i suppose… :open_mouth:

hard hats are also very useful if you’re unloading in heavy rain, it takes ages to dry my hair properly! :slight_smile:

OMG … you mean you still have hair!

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:09 pm Post subject:

It’s not the 1t pallet dropping on your head but the door swinging open or the side doors dropping down or a hundred and one other reasons to wear a hard hat , if it’s a requirement to wear one then WEAR IT…I’m glad I had mine on the other day saved me from a nasty bump.
Yes it is a pain in the bum but just wear it.

Deepinvet,

your supposed to put it on your head! :blush: :smiley: another good deed performed on Trucknet !! :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

strange things in your new uniform

A tie :open_mouth: :unamused:

That’s when you know your company really is on another planet. :laughing:

Anyway, hard hats stop you falling down holes don’t they ? Must do as soon as a small hole is dug, everyone has one on. :unamused:

alfamale66:
If i remember rightly, you need a hard hat to collect a Tesco backhaul
from Inbev at Salmesbury, Although dont know why must be keen on H&S i suppose… :open_mouth:

All Inbev sites are the same ie don’t even bother turning up without a hardhat.
(although if you play dumb, first time etc, they’ll lend you one from under the counter :wink: )

Stan