Yellow Vests Again

Went to the pub and got in a rather interesting argument about H & S

My mate drives a digger and was complaining about repetitive strain industry and the need to concentrate so hard. He needs glasses and thinks his boss should refund him!

One of his complaints was about lorry drivers who come on site at 15.30 and expect to be loaded, he works from 0700 to 1600 for 6 days a week, poor lamb :stuck_out_tongue:

He was complaining about the pain in his legs, and his wrists, to which I lost my rag and told him to get another job.

I am sick to ZB of being told when, where and how I earn my living. I drive a tanker which involves climbing on top of the tank, HSE is scared his phone might slide off his desk and hurt someone. The digger driver said he has to wear an orange vest, hard hat, ear plugs and safety boots.

The English Rugby team are not allowed to be in a scrum, sewing teachers must use plastic needles as there are more pricks around than the HSE people.

Why do we still allow this corrupt government to rule every part of our lives while zbing the country with even more regulation?

I have more experience of transport under my ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  than these H & S experts who are gradually taking over the world

still cant beat the hard hat rule when loading blocks/bricks,in any yard.

when being loaded they get no higher than five feet of the ground,going on the trailer,me being 5ā€™6ā€™ā€™ means they aint going on me head ,but if they did,what use is a hard hat when 1 ton of bricks is on it,youve snuffed it anyway.

I wonder if these H&S junkies have done a risk assesment on the very good chance that one of them will end up with a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  full of hard hats, steel toecap boots and nanny state vests one day?

mark croft:

when being loaded they get no higher than five feet of the ground,going on the trailer,me being 5ā€™6ā€™ā€™ means they aint going on me head.

Maybe they are concerned about that other head us blokes think with now and again and want the hat worn there? If so Iā€™ll take an extra large hat please. :wink: :smiley:

mark croft:

when being loaded they get no higher than five feet of the ground,going on the trailer,me being 5ā€™6ā€™ā€™ means they aint going on me head ,but if they did,what use is a hard hat when 1 ton of bricks is on it,youve snuffed it anyway.

i suppose it,s better to have bricks bounce of your head rather than them layed into your head hence the hat :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

when you walk into a traffic office they do look at you as if youve got 2 HEADS,so there may be some thing in what you say.

personally i like the one where mines the thinking head,

and heā€™s the thickHEAD,but dosent get very far.

and they say two heads are better than one? :open_mouth:

Personal safety equipment is a good idea.Sane people donā€™t blast around on their motorbikes without crash helmet.

On the other hand there are far to many laws and rules just to live an everyday life,and any amount of nit wits or cameras to enforce them. :imp: Unfortunately the nit wits didnā€™t take the common sense class at school.

Longwayround:
Personal safety equipment is a good idea.

I donā€™t think may would disagree with that but the ridiculous ways in which the wearing of it and the places it is sometimes required to be worn, coupled with an over zealous enforcement of it for every minor risk is a different matter.

Maybe we should all just give up and stay at home to minimise these risks.

OH hang on, donā€™t most accidents happen in the home? :wink: :smiley:

I think we can blame the ā€œIā€™ve done something really stupid, who can I sue so I donā€™t look dumbā€ - also known as BBC Watchdog programme - culture for a lot of it.

Coffeeholic:

Longwayround:
Personal safety equipment is a good idea.

I donā€™t think may would disagree with that but the ridiculous ways in which the wearing of it and the places it is sometimes required to be worn, coupled with an over zealous enforcement of it for every minor risk is a different matter.

Maybe we should all just give up and stay at home to minimise these risks.

OH hang on, donā€™t most accidents happen in the home? :wink: :smiley:

I think we can blame the ā€œIā€™ve done something really stupid, who can I sue so I donā€™t look dumbā€ - also known as BBC Watchdog programme - culture for a lot of it.

I agree,most of it is down to Insurance companies and lawyers,though I find it odd that when I load at a Shell terminal I must put on the hard hat and safety glasses,yet down the street at the BP terminal I donā€™t have to.Is my risk of injury any less at BP?

of course its less at BRITISH petroleum

i have heard that ranks staff are to wear hard CAPS around the yard now. why, i dont know since they pose no more threat than pallets of anything else. come to think of it, probably less risk than some pallets i have seen loaded onto general haulage trailers. flour tends not to roll around too much :laughing:

I agree,most of it is down to Insurance companies and lawyers,though I find it odd that when I load at a Shell terminal I must put on the hard hat and safety glasses,yet down the street at the BP terminal I donā€™t have to.Is my risk of injury any less at BP?

i can see them helping when the places goes bang and your face melts :open_mouth: lucky you had your hatrd hat and goggles on :wink:

jon

Let us be honest people it not the health and safety executive causing all this trouble its the comanies twisting the rules so to cover their arsesā€¦should some greedy stupid ā– ā– ā– ā–  try and sue them for the sillyess thingā€¦and very well winā€¦getting some silly figure payoutā€¦

Itā€™s annoyingā€¦there is always one whom spoils it for the rest of us reasonable and rational peopleā€¦

Lets face it the worlds gone mad.

I had a bag of nuts the other day and the warning on the back of the packet told me that I should beware as they were produced in a factory that produced nutsā€¦you know I never thought of that one!!

The good citizens of Bury St Edmunds cant have their magnificent award winning hanging basket displays anymore as the council is worried that one may fall and hit a pedestrian

I reckon they should have a warning on the back of my licence stating that using it to drive class 1 can result in insanity

daneinter:
Lets face it the worlds gone mad.

I had a bag of nuts the other day and the warning on the back of the packet told me that I should beware as they were produced in a factory that produced nutsā€¦you know I never thought of that one!!

The good citizens of Bury St Edmunds cant have their magnificent award winning hanging basket displays anymore as the council is worried that one may fall and hit a pedestrian

I reckon they should have a warning on the back of my licence stating that using it to drive class 1 can result in insanity

On a similar note Daneinter, I loaded milk in my tank in a dairy recently, and on the CMR they stamped, this product contains dairy products

bloke on Bedduth market selling hi vis polo shirts Ā£8

Wheel Nut:
I have more experience of transport under my ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  than these H & S experts ā€¦

And there lies your problem, its all ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– !