Story so far cont

Sorry to hear about your news mate,same thing happened at exeter in june,the guy went from 6 speed to 4 over 4 at test centre,he failed.but the company who were training him gave him a free re-test 2 weeks later,but he did pay for 4 hrs training.
“keep right on”

So a proffesional lorry driver who can judge speed without a radar, who knows what the examiner requires on test can blame a driver trainer for his failure because he had to drive a different truck?

Where you going to be an agency driver by any chance? Different truck every day, different gearbox every other?

If you cant work out which lane you should be in on a 7.5 tonne truck what chance have we got with a HGV

Wheelnut, your entitled to to your say, i have no problems with that, but this is a test not an every day driving event and your missing the point.
I think your a very angry fellow looking to kick people when there down or at most rattle their cage.
I would sooner be a friend than a punch bag.
Your constructive criticism has been noted.
Maybe we can start a fresh, but if you have no interest then i will not bother to make any effort to reply to your postings or read them.
Kind regards
John

:slight_smile:

I have received a phone call today from the training co and i asked why i was not informed of a change of vehicle on my test day and i was not at all happy.
I explained the problems i had on the test due to this change and the fellow was speachless. :blush: Infact he could not answer any of my questions.
or come to think of it offer me a free retest regardless of me stressing the lack of communication and customer care on the big day.
So like i said before my employers carry more weight and i will talk with them today and leave it with them get to some kind of compensation.
I will not name and shame this firm as i find no fault with there training, but they do need to look at customer care and communication skills.

Wheelnut

Can understand what your saying, but the test isnt to see if you can cope with different style trucks, otherwise the training companies would have to train you for every style truck & gearbox, & the test centers would have to supply the Surprise test vehicle -

& getting into a truck your not sure about after you’ve passed “who cares” you’ll prob crunch a couple of gears & it might take you an hour or so to familiarise yourself with the controls, you might even catch a couple of kerbs, but do this on your TEST!!! you know yourself you cant afford 1 of these mistakes!!! cus you wont even get the chance to try out a different truck.