Stolen Trailer

On a nightly basis,we do trailer swaps at various places throughout England and Wales,depending on where our trampers are parked up.

Last night,one of our lads was parked at Toddington Services southbound,on the M1,and one of our night lads,set off from Huddersfield with his next trailer.By the time he arrived at Toddington,our day lad was in bed,so,as is normal,he dropped off the trailer and collected the empty,and returned to base.

When our day lad got up,he couldn’t find his trailer,and after much searching,phoned the office to tell them so,and after some investigation,it turned out that the trailer had been stolen.

So,TruckNet people,with the blessing of my boss,I have listed the details of the trailer below,and ask that you keep you eyes out for it,and if you see it,to contact our office immediately on the number below.

I must add,we have about 30 of these trailers,and they are nearly all identical,apart from the fleet number,and an exterior bulkhead modification on the higher numbered ones,which only applies to about 5 of them,of which the stolen one isn’t one of them.

Manufacturer: Cartwright.
Model number: SCV DD39A (Swan neck double deck box trailer.)
Chassis Number: 31231.
Ministry Number: C138000.
Fleet Number: DD624.
Colour: White with red reflective strip around rear of trailer.
Height: 16’2"
Axles: 3
Length: 45ft.
Number of rear doors: 2 (Full height.)
Other information: Exterior underslung tailift.
Internal tailift.(25% of top deck floor.)
All rear lights on back doors.
All susie connections on sliding rail.
Full skirts from behind legs to rear of trailer.(May have rear
sections missing on both sides where exterior tailift is.)

If you sight this trailer,then ring Adrian Woodward on 01132 498018, (Office hours.) or 07767 673802, or mail me.

Thanks.

Ken.

no names on the side :question: :question: :question:

Plain white with no markings other than the fleet number.

Ken.

Bump.

I need to keep this near the top of the forum in order to keep it in people’s minds.

Ken.

i.ve made a note and will keep it my pocket for while, bit of a half hearted gesture perhaps, but you never know.

What sort of cargo are we looking for at the car boot sales or Markets or in the local freeads pepers Ken :wink:

Davey.As a lot of people know,I work for Northampton based C.■■■■ Ltd,and I am based on the Poundstretcher contract,so anything that was on the trailer,and it was full of stock for shops down south,may turn up at car boot sales in the south somewhere.

Without checking the computer at work,I can’t say,at this moment,which shops or area it was destined for,but judging by the type of trailer concerned,it would be either the South East,or South coast.This would be due to the lack of height restrictions in force near the shops in the area’s mentioned.

However,it would be impossible to say where any of the stock would turn up.

Ken.

No Problem Ken, if it was Pound Stretcher stuff then it could end up anywhere there are plenty of small corner shops who can be duped into buying stuff as a companies stock clearance if the theives got the neck to go round as a Rep.

Hope you find it but I think realistically the stock will be in some warehouse now and the trailer either cut down or dumped in a solitary layby being pulled to bits for parts.

I think it’s time these MSA’s started taking responsibility for thefts from their parking areas, after all, they are quick enough to charge high prices for parking there.

Another Bump :stuck_out_tongue:

I am based on the Poundstretcher contract,so anything that was on the trailer,and it was full of stock

So nothing of any great value then :smiley:

Im just going to Donington car boot sale, I will keep a look out for dodgy geezers.

Note made

Another bump

now might be a good time to mention pin locks to your boss, i have them for the company i pull trailers for and i’m a subcontractor.
it may seem expensive at the outset but this episode should make it worthwhile.
although i suppose your boss is very lucky that it wasn’t wheel clamped, i suppose that will come to moto soon enough, just like roadchef.

What is funny on this issue,is the fact we do have a couple of susie locks,but the company decided that they were too expensive to buy in larger quantities,so the ones we have are used to stop trailers that are VOR,being loaded and leaving the yard. :confused:

Ken.

Quinny:
What is funny on this issue,is the fact we do have a couple of susie locks, but the company decided that they were too expensive to buy in larger quantities,so the ones we have are used to stop trailers that are VOR,being loaded and leaving the yard. :confused:

Ken.

Perhaps this will encourage them to change their minds?! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Right guys.The trailer was found on Monday,in Liverpool,minus it’s cargo.Some distance to travel to nick a trailer!!! :open_mouth:

Now while I’m not wishing to cast dispersions on our Scouse bretheren…

Ken.

At least you got the trailer back Ken.

Hows it going out of Huddersfield then■■?

Philippa

So far so good Philippa,although it’s very quiet at the moment,however,that’s to be expected with it being a ‘new’ operation.

Ken.

johnny:
now might be a good time to mention pin locks to your boss, i have them for the company i pull trailers for and i’m a subcontractor.
it may seem expensive at the outset but this episode should make it worthwhile.
although i suppose your boss is very lucky that it wasn’t wheel clamped, i suppose that will come to moto soon enough, just like roadchef.

when i worked for POLLOCKS we used to use pin locks for trl chenges etc etc, i put mine on one night at TEBAY, next morning my replacement trl was there and ONE PIN LOCK ON THE FLOOR SMASHED IN TWO BITS. THE NIGHT GUY DIDNT CHECK, BACKED UNDER TRL, HOOKED UP AND AWAY. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

some good they are. :wink:

justdrivers:
Hows it going out of Huddersfield then■■?

any problems with your double deck trailers and the low bridge at cooper bridge

None whatsoever.

Our 16’2" trailers,go via Ainley Top,and I am the only person,so far,to go under Cooper Bridge,with a 15’10" trailer,despite it saying 15’9".

Ken.

One of our drivers tried that. 15ft 11ins trailer 15ft 10ins bridge reckoned there was a safety margin, there wasn’t . :open_mouth: