stobarts ban.......

well it’s finally happenned, stobarts has put a company wide ban on having your truck table on the dash whilst driving. apparently it’s the company who will recieve the fine so the ■■■■■■ has hit the fan, hence the ban.

Kneal:
well it’s finally happenned, stobarts has put a company wide ban on having your truck table on the dash whilst driving. apparently it’s the company who will recieve the fine so the [zb] has hit the fan, hence the ban.

The driver gets the fpn and has to pay it if vosa think its blocking field of vision. It may go against there OCRS score? But ASFIK the comp dont get one stand to be correcrted though. Is this rdc talk or you seen a memo?

Knowing Stobart drivers as I do, it would be wise to comply. The company is top to bottom full of backstabbing snitchers. Its almost like the company goes out of its way to hire people who’ll shop their mates for something even as petty as not emptying the ashtray. I’m well glad to be out of there.

Cruise Control:

Kneal:
well it’s finally happenned, stobarts has put a company wide ban on having your truck table on the dash whilst driving. apparently it’s the company who will recieve the fine so the [zb] has hit the fan, hence the ban.

The driver gets the fpn and has to pay it if vosa think its blocking field of vision. It may go against there OCRS score? But ASFIK the comp dont get one stand to be correcrted though. Is this rdc talk or you seen a memo?

nah not rdc talk.Was told last week by the depot that it was gonna happen,then told on fri that it was being implemented and not to have the table on the dash when driving. Also the bloke who makes the tables has been “advised” to stop selling them to stobbie lads.

We aren’t allowed tables or anything in the windscreen.

The company got a letter of VOSA about a year ago advising them.

so what about MAN,s as they come fitted with a little dash table

What about motorists who place their sad navs in the middle of the windscreen, and the half drawn curtains and fog light mob.

Conor:
Knowing Stobart drivers as I do, it would be wise to comply. The company is top to bottom full of backstabbing snitchers. Its almost like the company goes out of its way to hire people who’ll shop their mates for something even as petty as not emptying the ashtray. I’m well glad to be out of there.

the funs gone out the job i.m.o.h.o, you used to be able to have a bit of fun, take the ■■■■, wind up, always took as it was a good laugh.
now you have to be very carefull what you say as some are up the office like a shot, always digging, not really talkng ,to you just trying to find things out, always a angle on things.
ive learnt just do the job and go home, say as litle as possible,shame really, youst to be a good laugh

ady1:

Conor:

the funs gone out the job i.m.o.h.o, you used to be able to have a bit of fun, take the ■■■■, wind up, always took as it was a good laugh.
now you have to be very carefull what you say as some are up the office like a shot, always digging, not really talkng ,to you just trying to find things out, always a angle on things.
ive learnt just do the job and go home, say as litle as possible,shame really, youst to be a good laugh

Tis true. World is full of do-gooding back-stabbers now. Dunno if you were around on here when I used to do my photo diaries but I used to spend most of my time driving round with one hand on the steering wheel and gear stick and the other hand filled with my digital camera snapping pics as I drove. [zb] me if I did that today and posted on here the thread would be 100 pages long filled with lynch mob posts within 30 mins of posting :open_mouth: . That’s why I deleted all the pics from the resurrected thread the other week.

Look what happened to Mike-C’s diaries earlier in the year when the do-gooding brigade got wind of those pics.

There should be some law that says if you’re a do-gooder you must be deported to some deserted island in the middle of [zb] nowhere with all your other do-gooder colleagues where you can back-stab and grass each up to your heart’s content without affecting those of us that just want to enjoy life, have a good time and take a few low-level risks. :unamused:

[/rant] :blush:

Kneal:

You say that like it’s a bad thing? :wink: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Christ Rob K,i actually agree with something you’ve said !!! :laughing: :laughing:

Conor:
not emptying the ashtray…

]

shouldnt be full in the 1st place :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Kneal:
Also the bloke who makes the tables has been “advised” to stop selling them to stobbie lads.

Just got a mental image of four big bruisers squeezing into a Stobbies Astra van dressed in green and armed with baseball bats going around to visit the criminal mastermind to “persuade” him that his woodwork hobby is not so innocent! :smiley: :smiley: