Tables on the Dashboard

Had a phone call on Thursday from my boss about my tables on my dash.
One of our drivers was approached in Felixstowe docks and asked if he wanted to by a table for his truck. The driver who was doing the selling told our driver he was selling due to being given a GV9 for it being in the window. I find this a bit strange because surely if you were trying to sell it, you wouldn’t tell another person it was due to getting a GV9 because they most likely wouldn’t want to buy it.
My boss said that when my motor comes back from MOT the tables won’t be going back in my truck.
I am fortunate that I have not been pulled in this motor by VOSA and I’ve had it 5 years. If the table is a GV9 offence why haven’t I been pulled before? I am quite regularly going into Risby for Diesel when VOSA are there and they have never said anything.
I was chatting to a few drivers including Euromat who have said if I have one of those mirrors fitted to my visor I would most probably be ok to keep my tables.
Anybody got any ideas■■?

Take em out mate. I was treatened with GV9 for havin crap in my screen, still got a bit now. Got to see this from B.P.'s side of the fence, if you got pulled cos of yr table and then they found something else it could open up a big can of worms. You know me Val, live and let live, do as you please. But as far as B.P. is concerned, things are tricky enough now with out any added attention.Sorryx

Some drivers have so much crap in their front window I do not know how they can possibly see clearly…VOSA get on with it I say… :exclamation: :exclamation:

We all been told to take name plates ect out of windows seems we had a couple of drivers pulled for it. I have one of those mirrors and there pretty good when you get used to them. I dont have a table though but lots of our lads do . Dont think anybodies bothered taking them out yet.

surely “half drawn curtains” are more of a hazard than a bit of timber on the dash■■?

If they are illegal I will reluctantly take them out. Have to have a word with Mr Ministry Man when Valhalla goes for test.
If they are best have a word with Mr Fairweather and let him know.

god know we managed 10 years ago with all the flags etc that were in drivers windscreens

VALHALLA:
If they are illegal I will reluctantly take them out. Have to have a word with Mr Ministry Man when Valhalla goes for test.

You probably won’t need to have a word as a vehicle will not get through a test with stuff in the window so the failure will be clue enough. :wink:

its not just tables took my truck for test this year evn had to take the dart tag out .still had to laugh at mr vosa man tho (once i had the pass certificate in my hand of course)he was sat in drivers seat for about ten mins trying to build revs up to no avail called me over an dtold me there was a fault with the unit an d could not test it and to re book i then pointed out that there was no fault it wouldnt rev up because hes left foot was preesin down on exhaust break amazin foot moved revs build up and im not even a rocket scientest just a humble worshiper of the tarmac

andy bilton:
surely “half drawn curtains” are more of a hazard than a bit of timber on the dash■■?

YEAH WOS THAT ALL ABOUT! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yea, I’m sure the reason I’m still single is because VOSA made me take down my “24v Love Call” doo-daddery from the windscreen, cos the birds used to flock around whenever I plugged that in.

Harry Monk:
Yea, I’m sure the reason I’m still single is because VOSA made me take down my “24v Love Call” doo-daddery from the windscreen, cos the birds used to flock around whenever I plugged that in.

I’m so sorry to hear that Harry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :wink:

Coffeeholic:

VALHALLA:

You probably won’t need to have a word as a vehicle will not get through a test with stuff in the window so the failure will be clue enough. :wink:

They all get taken out for test, curtains, seat covers everything!!! Only thing left will be a couple of pieces of velcro which table normally sits on.
Not failed yet.

VALHALLA:
They all get taken out for test, curtains, seat covers everything!!! Only thing left will be a couple of pieces of velcro which table normally sits on.
Not failed yet.

So the very fact you are taking them out to get it through the test, and as a result you haven’t had a failure, does kinda answer your original question does it not? :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

I got stopped by VOSA on tuesday and she did mention them but just said not to put anymore stuff in windscreen or have laptop open while driving. Just got stopped again for a tacho check (the joys of working for a notorious Irish company!) in Kent and the Police woman did not say a word, and she was sat in the passenger seat. Have the 2 tables in an R series.

VALHALLA:
Had a phone call on Thursday from my boss about my tables on my dash.
One of our drivers was approached in Felixstowe docks and asked if he wanted to by a table for his truck. The driver who was doing the selling told our driver he was selling due to being given a GV9 for it being in the window. I find this a bit strange because surely if you were trying to sell it, you wouldn’t tell another person it was due to getting a GV9 because they most likely wouldn’t want to buy it.
My boss said that when my motor comes back from MOT the tables won’t be going back in my truck.
I am fortunate that I have not been pulled in this motor by VOSA and I’ve had it 5 years. If the table is a GV9 offence why haven’t I been pulled before? I am quite regularly going into Risby for Diesel when VOSA are there and they have never said anything.
I was chatting to a few drivers including Euromat who have said if I have one of those mirrors fitted to my visor I would most probably be ok to keep my tables.
Anybody got any ideas■■?

is a gv9 now called PG9

allso can there realy tell you to take a table that is on a dashboard as it is not in the windscreen and a table would not count as the vechicle is not unroadworthy it can be orderd in trucks as a extra so if there made for a truck why can’t you have one

your wind screen must be clear this means stickers signs and badges

what do you stick a table on the windscreen :slight_smile: wouldn’t do much good would it :laughing: :laughing:

The only reason it would fail is because its in the swipe of your wipers. So simple, when it goes for test take all your gear out then once its passed and you are back at base put it back in. VOSA wont, or cant, do anything about your name plate if its situated at the bottom of your screen on top of the seal or is set further back when attached to the front of your tray. I shouldnt think they would do much about a tray with suction cups, over what they could do about the solid dash shaped ones.

OK waffling now :laughing:

A BOUT 2 YEARS AGO I WAS STOPPED BY VOSA ON THE A14 BURY EVERYTHING WAS OK ON THE OUTSIDE THEN HERE GOT IN TO MY CAB TOOK ONE LOOK AT THE TABLE AND SAID THATS A NO NO THE PROBLEM WAS IT WAS BOLTED DOWN IN A DAF 95. IT WAS IN IT WHEN I STARTED AND I DID NOT HAVE THE ALLEN KEY TO REMOVE IT LUCKLY THE DRIVER NEXT TO ME DID. SO I DO BELIEVE ITS A NO NO TO A TABLE

delboytwo:
is a gv9 now called PG9

Hi delboytwo, Yes mate, a “GV9” has been changed to a “PG9.”

andy bilton:

Just put me right on this.
Is it the cab design that is the reason for the driver sitting so far back there is only room for half a bed,as even without curtains,drivers are almost out of sight.Perhaps the curtains are there to afford the driver complete anonymity if they are embarrassed at being seen driving a Skoda!

Waiting for incoming!