stobart xf

are stobarts using xf’s ■■
only i saw one last night east bound m62 near risley , full stobart colours , have i just not noticed them before ■■ usually volvo , scania and a sprinkling of m.a.n …

bowser:
are stobarts using xf’s ■■
only i saw one last night east bound m62 near risley , full stobart colours , have i just not noticed them before ■■ usually volvo , scania and a sprinkling of m.a.n …

They were running some 54 platers and of course these, which may have been wrapped now.

deffo wrapped , it looked proper odd seeing one , not sure it was a 105 tho so it could have been an older one .

I saw a stobarts DAF XF about 2 years ago…I thought it was strange as I only ever saw Scanias and the odd Volvo.

But I’ve never seen a DAF in their colours since.

Yes they are 105’s. They only have a handful and I’ve only ever seen them parked up at goole and Middlesbrough tesco rdcs. I think they’re about 06-56 plates. I’m probably wrong though.

Here’s a pic of one if it’ll let me upload it.

Creswell, Stafford, Staffordshire ST16 1GX, UK

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301404373.917103.jpg

looked just like that … they still got those then ■■ cant recal seeing stobbie dafs for years …

And for some reason my location. Have a guess what company I’m sat outside of??

Yeah mate that’s a 54 plate so they probably own them. I’m sure I’ve seen a 4by2 DAF 105. Too but I might be making it up. I’ll check next time I’m up there.

i can see screwfix and premier lodge ya mucky git … :smiley:

Hahaha. Unfortunately it’s screwfix.

Last time I went to Premier Inn, I had to Check Lenny wasn’t hiding in the bedroom waiting to pounce :laughing: :laughing:

at least i now know i was’nt seeing things … :open_mouth:

I wonder if they were ex Irlam trucks in stobart colours, didn’t they run Dafs?

All of the 54 plate dafs have now been sold on, stobarts do have about 6 I think they are all 105’s with subbies, all the old brawn ones have also gone now too I think

Well I’ve definetly seen some DAF XF’s in Stobart colours but has anyone else seen the new Volvo FM Globetrotter’s they’ve put on the road :question: :question:

Saw one on Monday but I thought I’d just mistook it for an FH but then I saw one today heading West on the M62 coming out of the Goole depot :question: :question:

Was I just hallucinating or not :question:

Regards
Dave Penn;

The XF’s could be o/d’s.

The FM’s, iirc, are gas powered on trial, and I think there’s abut 10 of them.

Ken.

our place has just brought a 57 plate XF105 thats ex stobbies along with 3 ex irlams curtainsiders

There are only 5 DAF XF units in full Stobart livery and they are all operated by Philip Wood of Carlisle.

didnt the wakefield depot run dafs?