Observations

1 Why do stobarts not use daf i have never seen a stobart daf well not newish ones 2 Are renaults taking over as one of the most coman trucks on the road

1 because they don’t buy them, and
2 no
HTH

There is a subby based out of Goole that has 2 if not 3 XF105’s.

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?1kyi14

They have had them few years ago there was definately one, and wasn’t Optimus Prime a DAF■■?

Ummmm! Maybe there is “History” between “Fast Eddie” and DAF/Leyland. He may have said…"I’m not buying DAF…or DAF have said “Leave Fast Eddie to the Scandinavians”. Either way…No DAF’s in the fleet…DAF don’t seem to be worried. :wink:

Mr stobby had a falling out with DAF if i remember correctly it was along the lines of DAF couldnt keep up / store the amount of units he was ordering . Thats the jist anyway i believe

However … ask ■■■■■■■■ gill ( stobby spotter on here ) im sure he will have the full ins & outs

@Young_Josh

I had a feeling it must have been along those lines…why else wouldn’t he buy DAF■■? :wink:

Even so…DAF aint or don’t appear to be phased by it.

Solly:
@Young_Josh

I had a feeling it must have been along those lines…why else wouldn’t he buy DAF■■? :wink:

Stobarts always bought DAFs from Solway DAF at Carlisle. Stobarts had started placing big orders after the WAD buyout and around 200 DAF’s entered service in the fleet. But, in 2007, ESL fell out with Solway DAF after Solway DAF told Stobart’s that they couldn’t handle the amount of lorries they wanted to order due to the lack of yard space at there Carlisle Depot (was told this by a manager at Solway DAF). Also, DAF couldn’t offer Stobarts a good deal on new lorries compered with Grahams (Scania) or Volvo Carlisle (told this by the same manager). Resently, Stobarts have been buying some DAF’s from Solway DAF (around 10) but they are for the Stobart Subbies

^^^^copied from stobby spotter^^^^^

and i agree Solly , i think DAFs look great in there cab wrap! but DAF wont be phased, theres many firms running full DAF fleets so they wont mind

I have notice a new iveco a cpl of times coming south on the M74 in the past few weeks are they demonstators ?

Young_Josh:

Solly:
@Young_Josh

Stobarts always bought DAFs from Solway DAF at Carlisle. Stobarts had started placing big orders after the WAD buyout and around 200 DAF’s entered service in the fleet. But, in 2007, ESL fell out with Solway DAF after Solway DAF told Stobart’s that they couldn’t handle the amount of lorries they wanted to order due to the lack of yard space at there Carlisle Depot (was told this by a manager at Solway DAF). Also, DAF couldn’t offer Stobarts a good deal on new lorries compered with Grahams (Scania) or Volvo Carlisle (told this by the same manager). Resently, Stobarts have been buying some DAF’s from Solway DAF (around 10) but they are for the Stobart Subbies

^^^^copied from stobby spotter^^^^^

and i agree Solly , i think DAFs look great in there cab wrap! but DAF wont be phased, theres many firms running full DAF fleets so they wont mind

:wink:

ND888 BIGJ:
I have notice a new iveco a cpl of times coming south on the M74 in the past few weeks are they demonstators ?

Ah Ha! Stobie feeling the pinch of “Recession” and “Austerity”?

And here’s me thinking these two words are only to be applied to the workers of the world. Haysoos/Halleluljah. :smiley:

Not keen on the iveco idea!
However the reno magnum you see running the m62 corridor looks amazing, I’m guessing that’s a subby!
I’m glad he hasn’t gone down the reno premium route…yet anyway

@Young_Josh

Errm! excuse me…but why are you worried about what “Fast Eddie” does when he don’t give a ■■■■ about anyone else■■? Iveco…Renault DDDDAAAAFFFFFF makes no difference to Eddie…what he has in his “Back-Pocket” does tho’.:smiley:

bjd:
1 Why do stobarts not use daf i have never seen a stobart daf well not newish ones 2 Are renaults taking over as one of the most coman trucks on the road

2 - I agree; I am seeing more and more Renaults lately.

Norfolknewbie:
They have had them few years ago there was definately one, and wasn’t Optimus Prime a DAF■■?

They did, i’ve drove two DAF’s for Stobarts. Both where wag and drags which tended to be a bit older (or kept longer) than ordinary tractor units.

gardun:

bjd:

2 - I agree; I am seeing more and more Renaults lately.

What? In the Stobart Fleet■■?

T

Solly:
@Young_Josh

Errm! excuse me…but why are you worried about what “Fast Eddie” does when he don’t give a [zb] about anyone else■■? Iveco…Renault DDDDAAAAFFFFFF makes no difference to Eddie…what he has in his “Back-Pocket” does tho’.:smiley:

Haha ! I’m not worrid but I feel for any driver in a ovlov or a big scania that is told his new premium has arrived !
I’m not knocking the premium … great gearbox!
But I do agree they are common!

Mike-C:

Norfolknewbie:

They did, i’ve drove two DAF’s for Stobarts. Both where wag and drags which tended to be a bit older (or kept longer) than ordinary tractor units.

Mike the one I used to see was a night driver always tipping at Stockton-on-Tees (Morrisons) or Washington Asda was an XF, sure he said he was based near catterick?

@Young_Josh

:laughing: :laughing:

Mike-C:

Norfolknewbie:

Hi Mike, dont suppose youve got any pics of them? I’ve never seen one and I can imagine them looking nice .( I like my wagon & drags!) Haha.