stobart xf

davepenn54:
Well I’ve definetly seen some DAF XF’s in Stobart colours but has anyone else seen the new Volvo FM Globetrotter’s they’ve put on the road :question: :question:

Saw one on Monday but I thought I’d just mistook it for an FH but then I saw one today heading West on the M62 coming out of the Goole depot :question: :question:

Was I just hallucinating or not :question:

Regards
Dave Penn;

there was one at sherburn today[fm],as i was parking up it came in through gate, fitter driving

ady1:

davepenn54:
Well I’ve definetly seen some DAF XF’s in Stobart colours but has anyone else seen the new Volvo FM Globetrotter’s they’ve put on the road :question: :question:

Saw one on Monday but I thought I’d just mistook it for an FH but then I saw one today heading West on the M62 coming out of the Goole depot :question: :question:

Regards
Dave Penn;

there was one at sherburn today[fm],as i was parking up it came in through gate, fitter driving

there are only 5 fm’s i think all on duel fuel mainly pulling nestle trailers, not sure where from though

this could be one of the ex stobarts …

walkermovements.co.uk/spec_s … nitID=3713

phantom309:

ady1:

davepenn54:

Regards
Dave Penn;

there are only 5 fm’s i think all on duel fuel mainly pulling nestle trailers, not sure where from though

only seen this one in yard at sheerburn, but there may of been another one hid away somewhere ,seen one on motorway a week or two ago[looked twice], but cant remember which motorway.
im suprised general are using them as they tend to tramp,id of thought theyd be more likely used on fridge work as we tend to have smaller cabs as only do odd night out,in saying that if its just a trial and it works you could quite easily transfer the technology to fh,s.also suprise me that even though i keep reading these massive orders they keep putting in for scanias,all i seem to see in yards are mainly new volvoes :confused:

ady1:

phantom309:

ady1:

davepenn54:

Regards
Dave Penn;

only seen this one in yard at sheerburn, but there may of been another one hid away somewhere ,seen one on motorway a week or two ago[looked twice], but cant remember which motorway.
im suprised general are using them as they tend to tramp,id of thought theyd be more likely used on fridge work as we tend to have smaller cabs as only do odd night out,in saying that if its just a trial and it works you could quite easily transfer the technology to fh,s.also suprise me that even though i keep reading these massive orders they keep putting in for scanias,all i seem to see in yards are mainly new volvoes :confused:

Current Stobart Group fleet: 1540 Scanias and 504 Volvos- certainly a much bigger proportion of Volvos than I would have guessed. 5 DAF 105XFs but none with the SSC roof and spotlights. Also have 87 MAN trucks (I would have guessed more than that), on the fleet

TC

Top class business man a loss to Road Haulage

R I P Edward :frowning: :frowning:

Cosmic:
There are only 5 DAF XF units in full Stobart livery and they are all operated by Philip Wood of Carlisle.

Roughly how many subbies do Stobart use?

there are some x105f’s spacecabs 4x2 on tesco’s contract, i always see them on the M62 and presume they are coming from goole.

i also see plenty of the fm’s also on the M62 and sometimes with nestle trailers on and one was in whitwood fueling with gas last week.