The new Volvo and DAF

Yesterday I saw one of Maritimes new Volvos on the M3 and one of the new DAF XFs sat outside the DAF garage in Southampton - both looked quite smart :sunglasses:

Haven’t seen a new FH or DAF on the road in anyones colours yet. Seen Billy Bowie Tankers and Clearwater DC with their new Stralis Hi-way though and they look good.:wink:

I saw Gregory’s have a new FH today. It was driving up the M5 from Cullompton. I thought I saw it had a '63 number plate?

Read some where that you could change to a 63 plate if you thought 13 was unlucky , don’t know where I saw this but Defoe remember seeing something

Robspils:
Read some where that you could change to a 63 plate if you thought 13 was unlucky , don’t know where I saw this but Defoe remember seeing something

No, you could keep a 62 plate instead of a 13 plate, not a 63 as that would make the vehicle appear newer than it is - remember the rules on private plates?

I’ve seen a few FH’s, still not sure about them, not seen the new DAF yet though.

Spotted the new FH this week.
I’d replace the front Volvo badge located just under the windscreen with company logo, and colour code that awful grille…

63 plate starts in September this year.

Andy smg:
Spotted the new FH this week.
I’d replace the front Volvo badge located just under the windscreen with company logo, and colour code that awful grille…

That’s what I don’t like too - bet it’s a lovely truck inside, Volvo have made some amazing trucks over the years, even if 1 did lock me out the cab when the wind blew the door shut :imp:

It’s the grill, why did it have to be so big and so black? Looks like it’s run over a bin bag or something.

Other than that it’s ok, looks a nice big unit

You can probably have it painted if it’s your money you’re spending but if it’s your gaffers then plastic is king. Or you could just spec it black and pretend it’s painted.

Not one to nick a thread, but on the subject of resistrations, a Daf 6 legger unit passed me on the M1 last night, I didn’t pay much more attention than normal,ie, was it left ■■■■■■ or not, but it had a Brit type yellow rear plate number, I think it was LG 14 UOB, or something very close, I thought we were only on thirteens now.

Sapper

I think that Volvo could have done something better with the roof air deflector as when their up a la Maritime they look unfinished to me.
Much prefer the Daf ssc,saw Cranleighs with one and also saw Conway Bailey from Cornwall with one last week. Looks very smart.

It’s got a big grill to accommodate a rad big enough for a euro 6 750hp motor. They are very very nice inside!

Volvo grille is ugly, DAF grille & lights look rank too, they’ve ruined 2 great looking trucks… :frowning:

Pimpdaddy:
Volvo grille is ugly, DAF grille & lights look rank too, they’ve ruined 2 great looking trucks… :frowning:

As per usual daf just havnt really bothered although what they have done has now ruined what was a decent looking truck.

I liked the XF105, good truck & a pleasure to look @ even…

Saaamon:

Pimpdaddy:

As per usual daf just havnt really bothered although what they have done has now ruined what was a decent looking truck.

having sat in both trucks i can tell you the volvo is a lovely motor the daf on the other hand … well if you have ever driven a daf in the last ten yrs then you know what its like inside

sapper:
Not one to nick a thread, but on the subject of resistrations, a Daf 6 legger unit passed me on the M1 last night, I didn’t pay much more attention than normal,ie, was it left ■■■■■■ or not, but it had a Brit type yellow rear plate number, I think it was LG 14 UOB, or something very close, I thought we were only on thirteens now.

Sapper

Could it have been L 614 UOB? spaced a bit naughty?

mucker85:

sapper:

Sapper

Could it have been L 614 UOB? spaced a bit naughty?

Or a dutch plate

Think new volvo looks ugly seen a couple of new dafs in last few weeks in holland and not much different apart from grill

jase:
I think that Volvo could have done something better with the roof air deflector as when their up a la Maritime they look unfinished to me.
Much prefer the Daf ssc,saw Cranleighs with one and also saw Conway Bailey from Cornwall with one last week. Looks very smart.

Saw one of Maritime’s new volvos yesterday, and it looked pretty hideous tbh, im sure it a lovely truck to drive but they need to.do somwthing about how tgere paint scheme looks.