Stobart..Tesco Work

Hey Guys anyone got any info on Tesco Stobart work,whats involved in a typical shift etc,how many drops per shift etc,just general job description of whats involved basically,Thanks.

FH12Volvo:
Hey Guys anyone got any info on Tesco Stobart work,whats involved in a typical shift etc,how many drops per shift etc,just general job description of whats involved basically,Thanks.

dunno really cos dont work at stobbies BUT if was hazarding at a guess it would be that a typical shift involes possibly loading, definatley delivering to Tescos stores & or RDCs, I would think the number of drops would deffo depend on the distance involved and Q3 WHATS BASICALLY INVOLVED IS DELIVERING GOODS ON A TRUCK TO tESCOS

NEXT :question:

Take it its store work.

Did a few shifts and it was fine at Livingston.

Think its all cages with some tail lift work at the smaller stores.

Get cages off back and thats it, Usually about 4 drops a day depending on distance obviously, out with a couple then back unload your empties and back out if they have another run and that also determines shift length.

I usually did around 11 hours but they can only pay you 6 hours if they like, I think.

Pretty much the same as any mob to do a shift for and they cages can be hard graft if the motor is not sitting level but thats par for the course with cages.

I was also never once told to hold everyone up, :laughing: speed was never mentioned.

I have done store deliveries mostly for Tesco at Magor using there units and on a few occasions stobart units, full cages off empty ones on could be one drop could be up to four. One piece of advice is use the air suspension on the unit and the trailer to get the right height on the dock leveller, a bit of an incline from the front down to the back will help as some of the cages and pallets can be quite heavy particularly the ambient loads and vice verse when loading the empties, I like working for them, they never put pressure on you and they give you plenty of time to complete the run.

Just what i was going to say Mike, more or less.

Having been there, done that.

Trailer nose down for loading empties so they roll in nice n easy n stay in.
Why work when you don’t have to? (back to steering wheel knobs again!)

Level for unloading, NOT nose up… you don’t want heavy cages full of booze following you down the trailer whilst you’re not looking :exclamation: :open_mouth:

FH12Volvo:

Make sure you take a good book with you, and be prepared for a long day :stuck_out_tongue:

Ta guys sounds not too bad then,hear conflicting opinions all the time about Stobarts but you will get that in any job I suppose,sounds steady work not too backbreaking then,oh and green cheers you should be back on stage… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Never knew it would be store work… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

aso when a shunter asks you to drop a trailer

please dont drop it on its knees