Stobarts/Tesco Chesterfield

A friend of mine has been seconded from the International division of Stobarts,onto the Tesco job at Chesterfield,and is loving it,claiming it’s one of the easiest jobs going.

However,is there anyone on this site,that works on this job,and can tell me if this is the case,and is it as cracked up as he makes it to be?

I know what the money is,so that doesn’t interest me,what I want to,know is the nuts and bolts of the job.

Ken.

I have done a fair bit of work for Tescos at Livingston.
The job is pretty easy. Pick up a unit and trailer go to the store.
Push all the trolleys (virtually no pallets) to the back of the trailer and tail lift them off the guy from the store will take them off the tail lift and into the store. Most of the newer stores have loading bays so you don’t need to use the tail lift.

There was a folder in the cab giving you directions to every store with a risk assessment of the yards telling you what to look out for.

When finished unloading, you may have to pick up the empty cages, trays and garbage. The trays and the garbage are then dropped at the RSU before returning the cages to the main RDC.

I found there was a lot of waiting around, when you start you have to wait around until they found you a unit or when you came back you could wait a couple of hours before your second run, or even worse keep you waiting then tell you there is nothing for you. Thats why I stopped going back, fed up with the waiting around.

Like a lot of places, Livingston was (when I was there) very clicky and you had to be in the right club to get the decent runs.
There was a lot of bitterness if someone thought someone else was getting something a little better. More like a nursey at times. Just my opinion.

I sure all tesco depots will be different.

Ah.This different.

I used to work for Exel on the Somerfield contract,which wasn’t too dissimilar to what you describe.

This new place at Chesterfield is different,but I would like to get a second opinion.

Ken.

It’s mostly trunking to RDC’s, very occasionaly direct to stores and yes it is a doddle unless you dislike sitting around for hours on end and going to the same places day in, day out.

sorry but i fail too see this if i worked for stobbies as i have done through an agency and in wakefield yard its a good job and good set up but id be ballsed if i was going to do tesco work if i wanted to be a trolley dolley i would go over the road to morrisons and do it which is a dead easy job and earn a lot more money for it.
to be fair stobbies is a good job you see all over the uk from one end of the country to the other end if thats what you want but i would like to know the other drivers opion on it cos i wouldnt be happy doing it and i be right ballsed off if i was pulled of the european side to pull tesco’s trailers. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

As some of you know i tramp for stobart out of wakefield,regarding the tesco job out of chesterfield,there is a fleet of motors based there which are dedicated to tesco work,so if your thinking about a job ken then you would have a fair amount of travelling.As far as i know the international boys are on it up to xmas,also uk trampers help as and when needed. I’ve done one run for them,chesterfield to livingston with a load and back with empty cages. A new tesco distribution centre opens next week in crick for which we are doing the transport,150 loads a day,which i believe to be clothes etc. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Hi Stuart.

Yes I know about the international boys doing the job,as John Taylor went back out to Lokeren this afternoon,he was telling me that some of them may be on it until xmas.It all depends.

Anyhow,Your main man should well be receiving my correspondence by Monday,so we’ll wait and see.

I’ll pm you when I know what’s happening.

Ken.

I have seen JMD■■? pulling Stobarts and Tesco Trailers today, christmas rush?

also stillers are pulling tescos trailers

jon