Tescos

Anyone work for Tescos [not temping] out of their distribution centres?

Is there much manual loading/unloading?

What sort of start times? Length of shift?

How many holidays?

Have an interview coming up and am tempted to give it a miss as current job is a doddle if a tad underpaid.

What depot?.

My mate works at Peterborough, good money, good hours 10 max,easy job wheeling cages on and off the truck ,no pressure, no hassle couldnt be easier if it didnt involve weekends i would be there myself.

Belfast.

Does he have set shifts or do they rotate?

Been warned off it by a few drivers coz of the cage work, but none of them have actually worked for Tesco.

Start times alter within an hour of each other daily, he does all weekends and bank holidays etc with time off in the week i think he gets 2 weeknds off in 9.

Talking to their drivers at chepstow, most seem to think its fairly easy, althogh some of the “Extra” shops can be a bit of a pig

Done some work for them and the only real gripe i had was that you couldnt check the load was secured properly cos it was sealed…nothing like sliding around the back of the wagon on a ton of spilt yoghurt

All i did was cage work with 3 or 4 drops a day.

Good maps to all locations with advice on the best routes as well

If there was one nearer me i would go for it

Joey

Went to interview. Terrible shift patterns starting between 0230 & 0630 with rota change possible at 24 hours notice. Think i’ll stay where i am.