STGO axle weights question

:question:

Now I’m fully aware of the max permissable weights for the different STGO categories and at the place I’m working at there’s an STGO 3 (150t) Merc 3350 unit. Would I be correct in thinking that the ‘33’ of ‘3350’ is the max weight in tonnes that the axles can be loaded with, combined? I haven’t looked at the plate yet, but I’m guessing maybe 8 tonne for axle 1, and 12.5 tonne each for axles 2 and 3 (?). The trailer is a 4-axle Nooteboom low loader swan neck.

If one puts a “heavy” machine on the back, say 60+ tonnes, would that mean that a single or double bogey would be required on the back of the unit so as to not exceed the plated axle weight limits on the unit, or, because the unit has a max permissable weight of 150 tonnes the axle weight limits become redundant?

:confused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ha ha you call me a SWA ha ha ha

and some dipstick letting you lose on the road pulling kit like that and you dont know you’re weights

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

what an ahole

whats a DAF 95 then

95 ton

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Vernon, you mock all you want if it makes you feel better. Don’t let me stop you.

I’m new to the heavy stuff and still learning. I’m pretty sure I know the answer to my question already but those suuposedly in-the-know at the place I’m working at say differently so I’m hoping someone on here will have a definitive answer :bulb: .

rha.net/business-services/pl … 027345761/
ROB K is this any good mate–

TRY putting STGO in Google and take a look through what they put out as info, sorry but i have no knowledge at all on this subject ,what about asking
Rikki

maybe 330 Bhp?

No it means 33tn 500ps==3350

Rob K:
. I’m pretty sure I know the answer to my question already but those suuposedly in-the-know at the place I’m working at say differently so I’m hoping someone on here will have a definitive answer :bulb: .

Oh dear, I feel a trip back to the agency coming on :unamused: :open_mouth: :smiley:

Could this be why the name was edited out :question:

Quite simply put…
ignore the C&U plate, when operating under STGO they dont apply.
look instead at the STGO plate that will give you the permited axle weights and gross train weights. and max speeds

the 33 of a 3350 is only applicable to C&U regs

And the rest of you ignorant fools might like to remember that the only stupid question is the one you don’t ask. :unamused:

Lucy:
And the rest of you ignorant fools might like to remember that the only stupid question is the one you don’t ask. :unamused:

Be nice if Rob remembered that sometimes :wink: .

Perhaps he did, hence posting this… :wink:

Be nice if Rob remembered that sometimes .

here here !!!

Lucy- Director TruckNet (Europe) Ltd:

Some people think they just know it all hey Luce! I personally like it when you show concern.

Spardo:

Lucy:

Be nice if Rob remembered that sometimes :wink: .

:laughing: :laughing: only a matter of time :laughing:

Maybe these will help…

lincolnshire.gov.uk/upload/p … Guide2.pdf

dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/d … 95-01.hcsp

vernonbish777:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ha ha you call me a SWA ha ha ha

and some dipstick letting you lose on the road pulling kit like that and you dont know you’re weights

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

what an ahole

I am sure someone at VOSA might know Rob :wink: :wink:

Lucy:

Phrases like “I hate all red spotted woodpeckers, they are all [zbs]…”; “You are an utter idiot”; etc.etc.etc. are not.

Lucy I was confused about the above whats the difference between “ignorant fool” and “utter idiot”

Or is it a case of who says it.

But hey I bet this don’t see light of day :laughing: :laughing:

Rikki-UK:
Quite simply put…
ignore the C&U plate, when operating under STGO they dont apply.
look instead at the STGO plate that will give you the permited axle weights and gross train weights. and max speeds

the 33 of a 3350 is only applicable to C&U regs

Thanks for that Rikki - appreciated :slight_smile: .

thecoder0:

Lucy:

Phrases like “I hate all red spotted woodpeckers, they are all [zbs]…”; “You are an utter idiot”; etc.etc.etc. are not.

Lucy I was confused about the above whats the difference between “ignorant fool” and “utter idiot”

Or is it a case of who says it.

But hey I bet this don’t see light of day :laughing: :laughing:

We eased right off on what we classify as Personal Attack some time ago, AT THE REQUEST OF THE MEMBERS …and if you open your eyes then you’ll see a similar comment by another member has also been left for the same reason.

Do keep up. :unamused: