Staying the night at motorway truck stops

how safe is it staying at trucks stops on the motorway with a load of alcohol
in the trailer,
new driver and a bit concerned, can ne of you guys me advice.

northernirishinlpool:
how safe is it staying at trucks stops on the motorway with a load of alcohol
in the trailer,
new driver and a bit concerned, can ne of you guys me advice.

Its not safe you need to get to a secure lorry park. Who you driving for , cains?

driving for cains, why is it not safe and how not safe is it. im a new driver, what is the difference between a secure lorry stop and an ordinary truck stop.
and is there many secure stops about.

I’d suggest asking the boss where they would like you to stop,that way if anything does happen then your arse is covered.

i asked the boss and he said not to park at laybys. but to use truckstops on the motorway, ar these not safe. how many hijacks are ther really. or is it over hyped

northernirishinlpool:
i asked the boss and he said not to park at laybys. but to use truckstops on the motorway, ar these not safe. how many hijacks are ther really. or is it over hyped

they are safe enough dont belive all you read. just use your common sense :exclamation: if the boss says stay at the services then stay at the services i mean he’s footing the bill for it. speak to the rest of the drivers and see where they stay.

me i stop in the msa,s all the time can not do the layby thing so un hygienic like me shower and wash int he morning people say alot about msa,s me personnely i think there safe if you park in the right place so with a load of booze i would do msa,s

I will only stop at the services overnight if they have the CCTV and I try to park as close as poss to a camera. Most decent truck stops have them as standard now because of all the fuel nicking etc.

Look at your route and then go on
www.transportcafe.co.uk
this will give you a list of secure stops on the way[/url]

WHAT about useing the new TRUCKSTOP guide,and the second tip the
RHA; and the FTA have a list of transport co,s that have secure parking as well
see if you boss can get you a copy of this list, AS one member has all ready posted try to be in the arc of any CCTV when parked at the motorway services,
another tip try and park so that the rear end of the trailer is not so easyily
acessible, and use any alarms that your firm has fitted,

What I would do is ask the suit to confirm exactly what he wants in terms of parking get him to repeat it and then do exactly that. In terms of your own security if you hear something going on at your trailer stay put and phone 999. No load is worth your life. One thing you can do if your parked with other wagons and the doors are locked is start your engine and put your hazards on. It tends to spook the thieves. Dont do it if you are alone though. I did it once when I heard noises with a container. they did a runner and I saved a GIT claim. One thing I would say though is if this firm dont seem to have any hard and fast rules regarding your whole day, never mind parking, think again as I know if I was a manager involved in high value loads I would put it in words on stone regarding total security. ie locking doors when fueling, taking breaks in laybys and so on

ive been pulling beer and doing one night out a week for about 8 monts (trucks a moving advert) and ive stopped at msas and truck stops on many occasions and never had a problem yet , not even a curtain slashed.

plus most of the vehicles are saterlite tracked :wink:

just be sensible and dont isolate yourself on a industrial estate or layby. also if you do get hilacked just let them have the bloody thing dont be a hero :wink:

jon

thaks all for your help it is very much appreciated.
yeah the company i will be delivering for has there brand name splatted all over the truck and trailer, it looks well but surely it is an invitation to thieves.
surely they would be better using trucks with no sign writting, it makes sense, youd think

Only secure truckstops. I think there would be probs with insurance if anything happened on an unguarded Mway park.