Seeking Overnight Advice

My agency have floated the idea of the odd overnight and I am up for the odd one.

My plan is to spend day 1 getting the load to the client and overnighting empty at a Motorway service station.
Do I have to leave my door open to stop the truck getting vandalised by people looking to steal summat?
Should I try to run the fuel tank low and fuel up in the morning when I wake up?
Are motorway service stations a bad idea and truck stops a better bet?

The truck is hard bodied, curtain sided advice also accepted.

Thanks on advance for the tips.

Yes
Yes
And yes

HTH

Sounds like a slippy slope to never getting home

RIPPER:
Yes
Yes
And yes

HTH

+1
Truckstops are a better bet than an MSA, avoid them like herpes, they are overpriced noisy ■■■■ holes, 95% of em serving crappy ‘food’ …Burger King and the like.
Alternatively on your way to your tip keep a look out for a suitable ind est or retail park close to town facilities, if there is one with a Maccy Ds, that’s the khazi and a coffee sorted for when you re’start in morning, or ask other drivers for suitable overnight spots in the area you are tipping.
Where are you tipping btw,?
Some on here may have suggestions for you where to park

robroy:

RIPPER:
Yes
Yes
And yes

HTH

+1
Truckstops are a better bet than an MSA, avoid them like herpes, they are overpriced noisy [zb] holes, 95% of em serving crappy ‘food’ …Burger King and the like.
Alternatively on your way to your tip keep a look out for a suitable ind est or retail park close to town facilities, if there is one with a Maccy Ds, that’s the khazi and a coffee sorted for when you re’start in morning, or ask other drivers for suitable overnight spots in the area you are tipping.
Where are you tipping btw,?
Some on here may have suggestions for you where to park

The drop was in Dorset. I couldn’t do that one but the offer got me thinking about how to manage other over night drops.
I hadn’t thought of Ind estates, I guess they are quiet overnight and out of the way.
It looks like common sense gets you most of the way.

Falcon JSDF:
My agency have floated the idea of the odd overnight and I am up for the odd one.

My plan is to spend day 1 getting the load to the client and overnighting empty at a Motorway service station.
Do I have to leave my door open to stop the truck getting vandalised by people looking to steal summat?
Should I try to run the fuel tank low and fuel up in the morning when I wake up?
Are motorway service stations a bad idea and truck stops a better bet?

The truck is hard bodied, curtain sided advice also accepted.

Thanks on advance for the tips.

Leave the both doors open youll sleep better