Nights out

Is doing nights out a non issue for you or are they a case of the following?

Never had a problem. The only thing I used to do was choose my ■■■■■■■■■■■■ with a bit of thought and once parked never gave anything happening another thought. I fail to see how anyone who lies there worrying about what might happen would continue doing nights out, surely if it worries you you would not do them.

These days I must admit I rarely even have to think about the parking place as 99% of the nights out I do I am parked in one of the depots. Mind you I might be parked next to Jimboy124 which brings a whole different set of worries into play. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Probably the same as a lot of drivers I park in a mixture of Depots, Industrial Estates, Lay-by’s and MSA’s and if you want the honest truth - I always feel less safe and get more hassle from various odd people at MSA’s.

Frankley MSA last night for instance - always seems to be people poking around the wagons, and to cap it off I nearly got run over by a Highways Agency 4x4 who obviously uses common sense and decides its perfectly safe to drive through a crowded parking area between rows of trucks at about 30 mph in the dark.

Never an issue where i park as all the lads i work with try to park with one an other just to go for a pint to unwind. I’ve never had any hassle where i park, ind est’s mainly or a dealer forcourt, don’t do MSA’s i tend to find its a bit pricey, stink and very very noisey. If drivers got worried every night wondering what was gonna happen to them or the load then they should stick to the day runs only :wink:

I do four or five a week, and I’m meant to park in an MSA / Truckstop, or a depot if carrying a vulnerable load. Occasionally I’ll go for an industrial estate if I’m empty.

I don’t really worry too much.

Biggest problem is the ‘do you need any company tonight, darling?’ brigade in the MSAs. (Have you seen the state of them?!! :open_mouth: ) I carry a large sledgehammer and a crowbar for these situations. :wink:

What will be will be. If a little common sense(not so common sometimes) is used over where to park it shouldnt be a problem. Besides which as long as Mr tealeaf doesnt harm me he can have the keys :laughing: :wink:

flying_fenman:
Biggest problem is the ‘do you need any company tonight, darling?’ brigade in the MSAs. (Have you seen the state of them?!! :open_mouth: ) I carry a large sledgehammer and a crowbar for these situations. :wink:

Doesn’t the crowbar cause the condoms to split ■■?

We’re supposed to only use Truckstops/MSAs/Depots too.

Tbh - I don’t usually give “security” much thought these days.

As someone above said - If it’s gonna happen - it’ll happen.

“I like to think” that I would just hand over the keys if it came to it.

So far - no probs (except the shower-gate incident)

Had some gypsies asking for diesel sometimes, but took no for an answer. I pretty much always use MSA’s and once I’m parked up, I get my curtains shut, wait for the fridge to pull up next to me (human fridge magnet), then don’t really think too much about it.

The only thing that sometimes flickers through my mind is - what if the lorry parked in front on the next row up hasn’t applied his handbrake and it starts to roll towards me, gathering momentum and building up speed, and then smashes into me and crushes me up against the back of the cab, gasping for breath and I can’t get rescued before I die. But that’s about it really :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Of course now I’ve said no probs, I will probably have tempted fate and be posting about some hideous event in the near future.

grumpybum:
The only thing that sometimes flickers through my mind is - what if the lorry parked in front on the next row up hasn’t applied his handbrake and it starts to roll towards me, gathering momentum and building up speed, and then smashes into me and crushes me up against the back of the cab, gasping for breath and I can’t get rescued before I die.

I’m guessing you may need to wash your PJ’s PDQ after that. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

Of course now I’ve said no probs, I will probably have tempted fate and be posting about some hideous event in the near future.

best buy one of them new slimline mac laptops grumps so you can tell us about it as the fire crew are cutting you out!, and leave them alone they are trying to do a job!!.. :laughing:

grumpybum:
The only thing that sometimes flickers through my mind is - what if the lorry parked in front on the next row up hasn’t applied his handbrake and it starts to roll towards me, gathering momentum and building up speed, and then smashes into me and crushes me up against the back of the cab, gasping for breath and I can’t get rescued before I die. But that’s about it really :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

At least it would give Scanialady something to write about if it happened. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

never had a problem one or two small slashes to curtian the last of which happened just before last christmas in the Nederlands of all places,but i do try to find “safe” parking

Several years ago, I was double manning to France and we were parked up on a street outside the Kilometre Delta in Nimes, because the park was full.
After a hearty repast and liberal amounts of Rouge, I fell into a deep sleep.
I was awakened at some ungodly hour by a strange sound.
My somewhat paranoid, rotund German colleague was standing in the cab in his undercrackers, brandishing a gas pistol, and peeking through the curtains muttering " I know you’re out there. I’ll get you"
It was the wind :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

Ben9:

grumpybum:

At least it would give Scanialady something to write about if it happened. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :laughing:

grumpybum:
gasping for breath and I can’t get rescued

your gonna have to stop reading those Mills & Boon books before falling asleep :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not just a pj-wearing, fireman-chasing, over-imaginative, jelly baby dealer ya know … I’m also a radio star :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

hiabman:
Is doing nights out a non issue for you or are they a case of the following?

you take it as it comes slashed curtains /empty diseal tank its up to the driver to avoid this as its there problem :laughing: :laughing: you try and chose a safe overnight
parking :question:

I’m a bit like Coffee… have always chosen my parking spots with a bit of thought and thus never had a problem.
Only time I have been seriously ■■■■■■ off was last Thursday night when I parked at the top of the A3 and no bugger came knocking on me door asking me if I wanted to shag his missus or would I watch while he did. Most disappointed I was, I tell you

As long as there’s a picture on me telly it’ll have to do :smiley: , normaly park in Industrial Estates, 1 of the depots or lay by’s, sometimes truckstops/cafes and at a push MSA’s :open_mouth: . It all depends what on board, but something I have started doing when empty or with bricks or the like on, is to open the curtain at the front aswell as the 1 back door, it seems to stop the short sighted theives slashing the curtain even when you have got the door open :unamused: .

Did get me tank drained last year :imp: , 2nd time in 20 years whilst parked on an Industrial Estate in MK. it was 1 of my quiet parking spots out of the way, had to strike that off my list :unamused:

Since I drive rigids I have a bit more choice about where I park up. Tend to avoid MSA’s due to price and all-pervading smell of stale urine, which seems to be much worse since Wiili Betz and the rest became a regular feature.

When I ran for Owens Llanelli, used to use Newport quite a bit; inevitably there were a few of our boys and Mansel Davies as well but it wasn’t the best of places to stay, usual 2am knocks on the door and at one time there was a huge problem with ■■■■■■ nicking diesel, despite the local cop shop being within spitting distance.

Don’t normally have a problem though.

One question; why is it that many towns (and even villages) in Scotland have a small lorry park within walking distance of facilities (and often a toilet too) but in England they’re as rare as hens’ teeth?