Stateline,, pandoro, transcon,miller

HI just found this site, and used to work for some of the above companys does any one on here drive for them in and around 1992…1996 lots of welsh drivers on for transcon.had agreat time there good crack and money.italy every week.does were the days modena north anyone :blush: :laughing:

welcome aboard back to back i never worked for them a bit before my time but i bet plenty of drivers on here did.

shouldnt this thread be in old companies.

Campogalliano. :wink:

Backto Back:
HI just found this site, and used to work for some of the above companys does any one on here drive for them in and around 1992…1996 lots of welsh drivers on for transcon.had agreat time there good crack and money.italy every week.does were the days modena north anyone :blush: :laughing:

Well I worked in Pandoro’s offices 1976-82

Welcome to TruckNet UK Backto Back :smiley:

worked for pandoro 95~97, at leeds depot,

modena nord?

Afii was and is better

Backto Back:

I know a bloke who worked for Transcon about that time
Russell “PIG” Jones from Wrexham if theres a party going on hell be in the thick of it :laughing:

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

we were all in the party.every thur night,grub in campogalliano and of course a few wines.then modena nord.
and lived to tell the tale.

I used to work with a fella called Mel Rutter who told me many tales of his time with Transcon. We used to work for Oriel Jones and Son, Llanybydder.

240 Gardner:

I’m not sure of the dates but I first subbed for them out of Preston when they were Northern Ireland Trailers/Ferrymasters(Ireland) That would be around 1972 I used to get a load of carpets in a 30’ Ferrymaster box.

I was still subbing for them on and off when they became Pandoro and moved to Fleetwood. Chipboard to South Moulton was often the load but we always had to take one pack off first to get the weight right.

I liked Fleetwood, on quiet days we’d catch the tram down to Blackpool :unamused:

zzarbean:

240 Gardner:

I’m not sure of the dates but I first subbed for them out of Preston when they were Northern Ireland Trailers/Ferrymasters(Ireland) That would be around 1972 I used to get a load of carpets in a 30’ Ferrymaster box.

I was still subbing for them on and off when they became Pandoro and moved to Fleetwood. Chipboard to South Moulton was often the load but we always had to take one pack off first to get the weight right.

I liked Fleetwood, on quiet days we’d catch the tram down to Blackpool :unamused:

I was working in the office at Fleetwood then - what name were you running under?

240 Gardner:

zzarbean:

240 Gardner:

I was working in the office at Fleetwood then - what name were you running under?

I worked for Eric Vick but by '76 most of the Merryfasters work had finished and he was just getting started on the Middle East work.

I still remember my nights in the Fleetwood Arms :blush: :confused: :smiley: :smiley:

:sunglasses: i used to drive for gamfords russell was on for them as well first met him at lokern wot a character last i heard of him was around 1998 he was living in ramsgate he used to live opposite lloyds on the ind est

I know a bloke who worked for Transcon about that time
Russell “PIG” Jones from Wrexham if theres a party going on hell be in the thick of it :laughing:

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:
[/quote]

use a name:
8) i used to drive for gamfords russell was on for them as well first met him at lokern wot a character last i heard of him was around 1998 he was living in ramsgate he used to live opposite lloyds on the ind est

Thats the man and like you say wot a character indeed
When he left transcon he was at our place over christmas just filling in, as he said the paddys were all mad,
which i found a bit of a funny statment coming for like russel :laughing:
I think hes on some carpet job the last i heard and had married the bird in ramsgate. If you ever get the chance to go out on the beer with him you can bet itll be a interesting night at some point :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My dad worked for transcon in the early 90s and was friendly with russell jones they went on to work for a bloke based in london and russell turned a lorry over in italy they were running on red derv and had a false headboard in the trailer with another tank of red in it which caused a few questions.