TRANSCONTINENTAL before P&O

AFTER P&O…

Do any of you remember Rosslare firm Transcontinental ? Has anybody got any photos of them or indeed irish firm NOLANS when they were orange ?

i remember em, when we was on pandora used to see em

Has anybody out there subbed for them ?

can remember shipping through rosslare and into transcons yard when i did some work for
p&o ferrymasters. would load out for ferrymasters in larne and load back for jim brennan ? in
the rosslare office. no photos,sorry.

i do was on there for a while on fridges mostly not, [haversack division ] lol only jokeing was over by there last year not much to sahow they were about . have some pics somewhere will try to find them ,they changed to p-o after and put second hand doors on the trucks lol well looked like that .

I knew a lad who claimed (I say that because I now know him to be an arch BS merchant) to have worked for them in the late 70s, said it was a top job and the boss paddy heffernan (sp?) was great to work for - he used to go on about times being on the ■■■■ all morning with the units parked around st stephen’s green in dublin?

transcon was from wexford used to get up to dublin with the fridge as trhey used a yard on the docks but what you are on about is before my time there so dont know sure someone will know

I used to meet Paddy Heffernan & his son (Dan) I think he was called in Spain quite a bit on the fish job. that was the early 90’s they ran Mercs then.
Paddy was a good down to earth man as well as his boy.

possably some pics on www.truckphotos4sale.com chk the ireland section,many on this site now gone

Digressing a little, and these are on this site somewhere, but these are a few my old man, Bob Slater drove whilst on for Pandoro Refrigeration.

Regards,

Chris.

Pandoro bought stateline a good while ago and also had bought transcontinental.

A big thanks to Slater & son for those pics and to everyone who took an interest in this topic. Paddy Heffernan started this company in Limerick later moving to Rosslare. I remember them from the mid 80s when their livery was brown and cream. As a hobby i m having a go at model making , trying to build a fleet of 70s and 80s motors. Once again thanks to all of you.

have you looked at the couple on the present page of scrapbook memories ? in the old brown colours.

DON’T FORGET TO POST THE PICS THE MODELS,KFS HAVE A FORD TRANSCON KIT AND YOU CAN BUY THE CHASSIS OFF OF HOWARD TO GO WITH IT.PICK UP AN ITALERI FRIDGR AND YOUR ON YOUR WAY
CHEER
DAVID

1644FAN:
A big thanks to Slater & son for those pics and to everyone who took an interest in this topic. Paddy Heffernan started this company in Limerick later moving to Rosslare. I remember them from the mid 80s when their livery was brown and cream. As a hobby i m having a go at model making , trying to build a fleet of 70s and 80s motors. Once again thanks to all of you.

No problem 1644FAN, if you need the images for your project, I’ll hapily e-mail them over to you. Would love to see the fleet when completed, or even what you have now!

transcon used to have a depot in caldicot south wales in the seventies and eighties when they were cream and brown…

great pics :slight_smile: That white 143 was one of two 420s that stateline bought before they were taking over by P&O .It was driven by Phil the scouser and other one was driven by Noel Reilly . The red 143 in the pic was driven by Mountainy Cole. They were original Stateline Drivers. The owner of State line Huge Mac ginnty is involved with a company in North Dublin called Patcon Waste to this day .I have to look up my pics of stateline trucks and post them i got them some where . Salute :sunglasses:

i was a subby for transcontinental in the mid eighties,working out of caldicot.the uk manager was colin tabor.lost contact with most i used to know then.i have some photos somewhere .