Splatted bugs

Who knows what the daddy of all the bug-removal chemicals is to shift the caked on [zbs] from the windscreen, bonnet and mirror backs :question: :question:

Hot soapy water just doesn’t seem to cut it, even after a good soaking :frowning:

Come on :slight_smile:

i,ve found mr muscle window cleaner is pretty good… even the windscreen it don,t smear when it rains with the wipers on

For me, a good scrub with a brush seems to do the trick, rather than just trying to blast them off with the pressure washer. :wink:

Good suggestions and solutions to try… keep them coming :slight_smile:

Then soap that they use in the truck wash at Whitwood is brilliant.

Ken.

steam cleaner usually does the trick - sometimes a bit of TFR

Napalm, No worries about bugs after using it. :laughing:

Holts Traffic Film Remover… Comes in a blue and white can, and come out as a foam… quirt on, wipers on… and everything dissapears… you have to touch the screen cos you think that has gone too, as its so clean…

Cheapest and most reliable is a tin of Ajax and a stiff brush or sponge. just rinse it off the paintwork with a hose after though

if you where married rob you could send the wife out.there good at cleaning windows :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

vineger and newspaper thats what the wife tells me she use’s. :laughing: :laughing:

Hot water with Fairy Liquid in a bucket. Use a soft brush on a long pole and rinse off with COLD water to stop streaks.
Never fails.
Kind to hands too.
Good on dishes and cups. :laughing:

Niall:
Hot water with Fairy Liquid in a bucket. Use a soft brush on a long pole and rinse off with COLD water to stop streaks.
Never fails.
Kind to hands too.

there you go rob you can get your dishes cleaned as well :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:

Niall:
Never fails.
Kind to hands too.

there you go rob you can get your dishes cleaned as well :laughing: :laughing:

No no no… Dishes get washed only when needed. The “washing” of them is purely by letting them sit in a bowl of water for a few weeks and then rinsing them off :laughing: . Fairy would give up and go home if it saw the grill-pan :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Unfortunately the sink isn’t big enough to fit it in to soak either :confused: :confused: Think I need meths or something of industrial strength for sure, possibly Nitro-mors :sunglasses: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley:

use one sized 10 shoe with back against seat and kick window out
then ring boss and say i was following bulk tipper who smashed window
screen solves the problem :open_mouth:

mud rat:
use one sized 10 shoe with back against seat and kick window out
then ring boss and say i was following bulk tipper who smashed window
screen solves the problem :open_mouth:

:open_mouth: WHAT ARE YOU ON :question: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
:laughing:

A Jet wash, a soft brush and a board friendly cleaning lady :smiley:. Recipie for a ■■■■ up :laughing: :unamused: .

Autosmart do a product called G101 (aka bug cleaner) — it will fade the paintwork if used to strong, but well diluted it gets the bugs off. Its good for general purpose cleaning — good on fabric seats as well. If used on the windscreen though, you need to wash it off pretty quick otherwise it stains the glass (and best used out of direct sunlight).

Best glass cleaner is Nilglass — but quite expensive. Cheaper option is Mr Muscle Glass Cleaner - good for anything. Loads of car photographers use it on the paintwork as well as it brings it up really nice!

A good one for paintwork & GRP sides is a rag soaked in petrol, and T-Cut original. Did the GRP sides of my truck - brings it up looking like new and gets rid of the tree scatches etc at the same time. Also good for de-stickering old logo’s (and use Evostick glue remover on the really tough bits).

For general washing, Fairy liquid and a valeting broom (I’m tight, so I just use the ling headed garden brooms from the DIY shop!)

I remember reading in a car mag’, quite a few years back, that washing-up liquid contains a lot of salt which gets trapped in the paint surface. That makes it look dull and can damage the paint surface so it always looks dull. They recommended using any car shampoo, because they are specially formulated for paintwork. TFR, I would expect, would be the industrial equivalent, it also usualy has wax in it as well to put a shine on :sunglasses: .

spaceman:
A good one for paintwork & GRP sides is a rag soaked in petrol, and T-Cut original. Did the GRP sides of my truck

GRP :question: Can someone elaborate please :confused: