Windscreens

Can anyone help when working nights & it seems most of the trucks in drive when its raining have a problem with the screen clearing , the wipers smear the screen makes it very difficult to see is there anyway to stop this ?

I find that occasionally cleaning the screen (outside) with a good quality glass cleaner (nilglass) helps as does properly cleaning the wiper blades, keep the retention spring anchor points lubed, a decent quality screen wash is better than just water, and if the problem is a fine film of water, I put the blowers on (or heated screen in the car), sometimes the only solution is to replace the blades and/or crappy arms & springs. Volvo FH’s are terrible for the wipers bouncing on the return stroke, scratching the glass.

I use “HOLTS windscreen cleaner” I find it clears the windscreen of grime and them ■■■■ flies and leaves a clear windscreen and no smears when using the wipers. Costs about 3-4 quid.

Make sure the wiper blades are seated correctly. I suffered with poor visibility in the rain until I noticed the arm had slid back a little, gave it a tug and hey presto. Getting rid of the rubbish as described above is spot on.

Part of lorry drivers kit…spray bottle of water with solution of water/washing up liquid and hand brush and squeegy…spray screen then scrub vigorously and the wiper blades, job done, same with side windows and mirrors but squeegee them clear…this is how you keep you windows clear when the salt goes down too.

Cheers i will tyr all of them :smiley:

Have heard white vinegar is good :question: put some in your water bottle.

Juddian:
Part of lorry drivers kit…spray bottle of water with solution of water/washing up liquid and hand brush and squeegy…spray screen then scrub vigorously and the wiper blades, job done, same with side windows and mirrors but squeegee them clear…this is how you keep you windows clear when the salt goes down too.

Sounds like a part time winda cleaner to me lol. :laughing: