New driver driving for 6 months now

Hi I’m still learning new things with day to day well now we are on hot weather and I get a lot flies on my windscreen and when I get to night time makes harder to see and I’m doing tramping so drive during day and night what people use to clean windscreen
I been looking for a brush that’s easy to pack and take with me but can’t find it wiper and wash liquid isn’t that good neither so any suggestions I’m no going to spot to wash lorry as my boss won’t pay for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luisr231:
Hi I’m still learning new things with day to day well now we are on hot weather and I get a lot flies on my windscreen and when I get to night time makes harder to see and I’m doing tramping so drive during day and night what people use to clean windscreen
I been looking for a brush that’s easy to pack and take with me but can’t find it wiper and wash liquid isn’t that good neither so any suggestions I’m no going to spot to wash lorry as my boss won’t pay for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you got a spray bottle ? Fill that with dilute washing up liquid spray on screen leave for a minute then use washers

Sent while in furlough

I saw someone using a karcher window vac once, he soaped up his windows and mirrors with a sponge on a stick then used the window vac, they were spotless in seconds, keep meaning to buy one myself.

I use one every day to clean my shower and it’s brilliant. So I expect the advice to use one on the windscreen will be spot on.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Old skool enhancement to the spray bottle technique is to lay a sheet of newspaper over the screen and spray that so it clings to the glass. This helps soften the dried-on bugs. After a few minutes you use the paper to wipe the cludge off the glass.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Peter Smythe:
I use one every day to clean my shower and it’s brilliant. So I expect the advice to use one on the windscreen will be spot on.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Do you mean SPOT OFF :laughing:

Very funny!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I work permanent nights.
Day man just leaves it covered and smeared.
I just pull into the services where I know there is a place to top up the water.
Turn theb wippers on fast and squirt them from the hose,
You may need to put your finger on the end to make it cover.
After a few mins you can wipe the last few bugs smears off with a cloth/tissue.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

jaydee:
I work permanent nights.
Day man just leaves it covered and smeared.
I just pull into the services where I know there is a place to top up the water.
Turn theb wippers on fast and squirt them from the hose,
You may need to put your finger on the end to make it cover.
After a few mins you can wipe the last few bugs smears off with a cloth/tissue.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

The whole issue is about soaking the dried-on dead stuff (and keeping it soaked for several minutes - that’s the important bit) so that it easily wipes away. Plain water really needs some assistance,in the form of detergent or some other means of support to stop it simply running off.