Screenwash.

Has any of you got any idea’s about screenwash.over the years I have tried and used all sorts. While it works ok with mucky spray in the winter or wet roads, I find it useless with flies or other insects, the only thing that seems to shift them is a shower of rain, maybe I shouuld fill the washer from the waterbut. :laughing:

Ah the dreaded fly smear, a bloke I used to work for always added a bit of shower gel to the washer bottle, it seemed to work a bit better than just washer fluid alone, but don’t add too much as it’s quite bubbly. For cleaning flies off the windows without using the washers I find that a foam spray with Ammonia in it gets them off best, haven’t tried putting any in the washer bottle though.

The nice pink stuff (down to -8 screenwash) from Halfords is pretty good & even has a pleasent smell to!

Not as good as rainwater though!

zebadee:
The nice pink stuff (down to -8 screenwash) from Halfords is pretty good & even has a pleasent smell to!

I should get some of that for my car as all the ones I seem to buy end up smelling like ■■■■ within a month!!! :laughing:

Carry a long handled soft brush,along with a appropiate sized bucket
works wondersalong with water and washing upliquid and water, ,
over here in mainland europe most garages have such
a set up on the pump for the truckdribers to use when filling up, Free of
Charge,

Pink stuff from Mercedes dealers Ive found to be the best… Will ahve to try Halfords Pink :smiley:

welshflyer:
Pink stuff from Mercedes dealers Ive found to be the best… Will ahve to try Halfords Pink :smiley:

■■■■ :laughing:

vinegar :wink: