Window cleaning

What so people use to clean their windows ? I’ve cleaned them with window/glass cleaner and wiped off with newspaper , cleaned with other detergents and cloths etc , but still the windscreen and passenger window have streaky marks , see it mainly when it’s raining and steams up. Anyone got any good tips etc ? Cheers

I just use Autosmart Crystal, we get it from a motor factors that is integral to our company :wink:
Basically our stores area :laughing:

It does the job and its free via a consumables order number :sunglasses:

use a top quality auto window clear from auto glim or meguiars, use microfiber towels / clothes :smiley:

If ya saving pennies then use Autosmart with the blue paper towels

I use turtle wax ICE , with water repellent for the outside, never have any problem, usually spray it on wipe it with a clean paper rag , then a quick run over with a clean micro fibre cloth , never have any streaks or misting up …

I’ll have a look at some cheers ppl

Good old fashioned Windowlene is as good as any, AutoSmarts glass clear appears to be the same stuff but a different colour.

Some of the other cleaners seem to attract moisture and after a few hours a film forms on the screen.

Ive recently been trying out Autoglym car glass polish. I apply it (out of direct sunlight) on a piece of tightly balled soft cloth, give it a moderate scrub, 5mins to dry then clean off thoroughly with a clean microfibre cloth. Inside and out, of course. Better than domestic window cleaners as these tend to be dosed with ammonia, which aint the best thing for auto glass. Also has an anti-misting agent which seems to actually work by and large. Can help to reduce light scratches too. :slight_smile:

Edit : I`ve also read some good reviews for Black Diamond products.

A bowl of warm water with the tiniest drop of Fairy Liquid followed by a rub-down with old newspaper, there is nothing on the market, no matter how much it costs, which cleans a windscreen better than this.

Cheers Harry will give it a blast , the sun is a nightmare aswell like a screen of most on parts of the window , annoying lol

Go into Aldi and buy their window & glass wipes, only about a quid and do a smashing job & easy to carry around. I use them often clearing bloody sat nav marks off the windscreen :imp:

Mix up some stardrops and water in an old spray bottle, works a treat, always carry mine with me, can’t be doing with dirty mirrors

Vinegar and newspaper fella.

Smoggie89:
What so people use to clean their windows ? I’ve cleaned them with window/glass cleaner and wiped off with newspaper , cleaned with other detergents and cloths etc , but still the windscreen and passenger window have streaky marks , see it mainly when it’s raining and steams up. Anyone got any good tips etc ? Cheers

Or just wash the scania abit more kid :laughing: get them tight gits to let you wash it on way in! :smiley:

PremiumTrucker:

Smoggie89:

Or just wash the scania abit more kid :laughing: get them tight gits to let you wash it on way in! :smiley:

Every time you seen me it has been clean :laughing::lol: lmao , any jobs at your place yours are always nice n clean :laughing:

Autoglym fast glass for me, never used such good stuff. No streaks, just wipe off till dry and voila.

Smoggie89:

PremiumTrucker:

Smoggie89:

Every time you seen me it has been clean :laughing::lol: lmao , any jobs at your place yours are always nice n clean :laughing:

We’re looking for 1 maybe 2 drivers very soon mate. Them motors have been battered from day 1 so you’ll never clean them up 100%. Least yours looks the whitest out the fleet :laughing:

PremiumTrucker:

Smoggie89:

PremiumTrucker:

Smoggie89:

We’re looking for 1 maybe 2 drivers very soon mate. Them motors have been battered from day 1 so you’ll never clean them up 100%. Least yours looks the whitest out the fleet :laughing:

We are 10yr behind everyone else lol , mine wouldn’t look as bad if it didn’t have the odd side panel :laughing: , are many of yours leaving sept time when CPC comes in like

My Grandads leaving in September on nights so our holiday relief man is going on nights so were looking for holiday relief driver and another lad is leaving for personal reasons in near future , so we’ll need a full time driver before long too

PremiumTrucker:
My Grandads leaving in September on nights so our holiday relief man is going on nights so were looking for holiday relief driver and another lad is leaving for personal reasons in near future , so we’ll need a full time driver before long too

Sid will have a few cvs to go through won’t he lol

Tipper Tom:
Vinegar and newspaper fella.

this, but I tend to use blue roll or paper towels if any of the depots have restocked when I’m in :laughing: can’t stand mucky mirrors, windows or lights.