Window cleaning

Blue paper roll and furniture polish is the best thing I’ve found for glass.

chicane:

Tipper Tom:
Vinegar and newspaper fella.

this, but I tend to use blue roll or paper towels if any of the depots have restocked when I’m in :laughing: can’t stand mucky mirrors, windows or lights.

+1 it really beeps me off when I have muck from the motorway and use my washers and the crud end up on my side windows :laughing: now I aint in anyway OCD but crud on the windows and mirrors grinds me worse than 52mph car drivers :laughing: :laughing:

Smoggie89:

PremiumTrucker:
My Grandads leaving in September on nights so our holiday relief man is going on nights so were looking for holiday relief driver and another lad is leaving for personal reasons in near future , so we’ll need a full time driver before long too

Sid will have a few cvs to go through won’t he lol

Get loads all time but he’d rather take on drivers one of us recommend , and syd takes a back seat now, it’s all his son who’s made it what it is.

i

i soap it up a little first ,then use a window cleaners scrim cloth to buff , it takes everything off . other methods often leave a residue

Harry Monk:
A bowl of warm water with the tiniest drop of Fairy Liquid followed by a rub-down with old newspaper, there is nothing on the market, no matter how much it costs, which cleans a windscreen better than this.

Add a drop of white vinegar for even better cleaning, especially if you smoke.

PaulNowak:
Mix up some stardrops and water in an old spray bottle, works a treat, always carry mine with me, can’t be doing with dirty mirrors

+1

Pink Windowlene. Nothing comes close.

Mr muscle glass cleaner followed by Rain X.

New Actros side windows reet pain to clean need a ladder!

I use “Pink” on everything… windows, dashboard, paintwork… everything except the tank… quick, easy and a shine you can see ya face in :slight_smile:

if you have some urine in a wide rimmed lucozade plastic bottle
dip some paper in it and clean the windows with that
the acid in the urine cleans the windows a treat
no smears ,no steaming up and repels rain

Harry Monk:
A bowl of warm water with the tiniest drop of Fairy Liquid followed by a rub-down with old newspaper, there is nothing on the market, no matter how much it costs, which cleans a windscreen better than this.

Correct^^^^^…I would just add: Apply warm water/fairy liquid with a sponge (half-wrung out) & then dry off with old (or new) newspaper - nothing like it for cleaning glass and zero smears. Make sure you go over with a new page to get the final ‘clean’. No good using even a slightly damp page. Great & cheap. Also works on cars/coaches/caravan windows - if glass/house windows/mirrors.

Harry Monk:

Thats an old wives tale about the news paper i think. In my experience all you need is two microfibres, one damp and one dry one.

An Old Wive’s Tale that works though Mike, I haven’t tried the microfibre method myself, due to the success of the old newspaper trick :wink:

villa:
if you have some urine in a wide rimmed lucozade plastic bottle
dip some paper in it and clean the windows with that
the acid in the urine cleans the windows a treat
no smears ,no steaming up and repels rain

I’ll pass on that one I think :open_mouth:

I got told to use newspaper in the army thinking wtf ! Was amazed at the result lol

Tipper Tom:
Vinegar and newspaper fella.

:smiley: My Mam used to use that to clean our windows, works a treat. The old ways are always the best

Mike-C:

Harry Monk:

Thats an old wives tale about the news paper i think. In my experience all you need is two microfibres, one damp and one dry one.

It’s an old wives tales yes but it’s bloody effective

Nilco is best rated on Amazon. I’ve only used it once so can’t really comment yet.

I’d say with most of these you have to get it all off the glass by the time it dries or it will leave white marks.