Speeding Question

I was caught doing 46 mph going eastbound on the A631 nr Gainborough by the average speed cameras. I was in a 44t Bulker so yes the speed limit is 40mph…

But

Inbetween each of the cameras which are on a single carriageway there is a stretch dual carriageway where the speed is 50mph.

So… Do the average cameras take this into consideration when catching people out? and Has anyone ever encountered this before?

Slating may commence… :blush: :blush: :blush:

Very good point/question Quinny. I suggest you contest the ticket and let us all know the outcome. Sounds well dodgy to me.

Bad luck mate, i sometimes do the A52 between Grantham/Nott’m and always wary of the average sections, invariably there’s another wagon trying to get up me chuff so i did wonder if tear arse behind knows that they don’t bother about the lorries…seems you’ve answered that one.

My speeding nick was for 46 too, West Mercia so no hope of a course.

sorry to disappoint but there are 4 lots of cameras, the first one coming out of bawtry to everton work together then between is not monitered (its a mix of NL and 30 for village, second lot start after the village and upto just after the misterton turning on the “dual carriageway”

i put dual carriageway loosely as there is no physical central reservation (just a 2 foot piece of grass) and i was led to believe with no barier 40mph still applies to HGVs. the length of the duals are negligible tho as they cover a very small percentage of the overall distance between cameras. A workmate got done on the same stretch at 45 and tried contesting it also with the dual carriageway saying part of the area was covered thus 50mph bringing his average up if that makes sense.

I`d contest it anyway. this was a few years ago when i was on tippers

FLIP:
Very good point/question Quinny.

Oi.

There is only 1. :laughing:

Ken.

Is this the same on the A614 Notts average speed cameras on this road.
Anyone been done?
Sorry boys 40mph it is.

Sadly, there’s more chance of seeing the Pope in Mothercare than getting away with this I’d say. Bad luck matey.

I run the A631 road between Bawtry and Gainsborough regularly, in 7.5t 18T 22T and 44T thru the cameras at or under 50mph and never had a problem.
The only point I slow is around Everton where the limit is 30mph, as its a notorious speed trap by the pub there. So I`m mystified how you got a ticket

Just to confirm, a ‘dual carriageway’ is when there is a physical barrier between it and the opposite carriageway, otherwise, if no barrier then single carriageway rules apply to Lgv’s .

alphonsohall:
Just to confirm, a ‘dual carriageway’ is when there is a physical barrier between it and the opposite carriageway, otherwise, if no barrier then single carriageway rules apply to Lgv’s .

And just to clarify, a strip of grass separating the carriageways counts as a “physical barrier” and therefore is a dual carriageway.

There does not necessarily have to be a “crash” barrier inbetween the carriageways.

cupidstunt:

alphonsohall:

And just to clarify, a strip of grass separating the carriageways counts as a “physical barrier” and therefore is a dual carriageway.

There does not necessarily have to be a “crash” barrier inbetween the carriageways.

I can confirm this. I’ve already posted it a few times before but I queried this with VOSA and the DSA and the response was a piece of grass is enough.