Dual carriageway speeding.... 56 in a 50

Hi, just wondering if anyone has ever been caught speeding on a dual carriageway, i know most of us crack on about 56 mph, rarely see anyone sit at 50 apart from good ole supermarket trucks of course, was on the a14 today and come up to a camera van on a bend (sneaky) though braked as soon as i saw it …

harwichtrucker:
Hi, just wondering if anyone has ever been caught speeding on a dual carriageway, i know most of us crack on about 56 mph, rarely see anyone sit at 50 apart from good ole supermarket trucks of course, was on the a14 today and come up to a camera van on a bend (sneaky) though braked as soon as i saw it …

I doubt the camera van would be specifically targeting lorries, more likely seeing if the A14 overtaking ban could get them a bit more revenue for the car brigade :laughing:

tbh i,ve overtaken police cars regularly, when they are sat at 50 i,ve gone by at 55 and never had any bother at all

i only got done 2 months back for apparantly doing 58 on the a24, shame the old girl dont go that fast … but hey the camera never lies!

chaversdad:
tbh i,ve overtaken police cars regularly, when they are sat at 50 i,ve gone by at 55 and never had any bother at all

I bet that is because the majority of coppers (maybe apart from traffic) don’t actually know the different speed limits for HGVs.

And I can’t believe that the lorry that crashed head on into that car that came down the slip road the wrong way didn’t get done. Yes obviously the car was going the wrong way down the dual carriage way but the lorry was doing 56 in a 50.

was the camera van just before the a14/a11 split?? It normally sits on the sweeping bend w/b.

Cruise Control:
was the camera van just before the a14/a11 split?? It normally sits on the sweeping bend w/b.

No it was between bury and haughley going e/b

i passed it this morning, when it was heading to its postion, just before 7am… sometimes they sit at bout j57 then another is waiting a few junctions down :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
roll on the darker days when they cant play out as often :laughing: :laughing:

One of our blokes got done the other week for doing 57 on the A40 coming down the hill into Monmouth. He went on a speed awareness course last monday to avoid points.