M18 doncaster roadworks

Speed cameras again…

These specs cameras do they work :question: :question: :question: :question:

At the moment im working in scunthorpe so i go through these everyday from the m62 to m180. Now the limit is 50mph and thats what we do but the amount of lorrys and cars that are on the limit that go past is unbelivable. Do they get tickets :question: :question: :question:

YES

If they are on roadworks, my observations are that they are set up tight, after all they are there for safety ( Not pretend safety). When the A46 (Lincoln to Newark) was dualled the cameras (OK not specs) didnt give an inch

I go through there on the limit, that is 50mph on cruise control set at 50mph, never been caught speeding, but there again 50mph in a 50mph limit is not speeding.

Dratsabasti:
I go through there on the limit, that is 50mph on cruise control set at 50mph, never been caught speeding, but there again 50mph in a 50mph limit is not speeding.

well your ok there.

my arguement is that these are meant to be average speed but the lorries are going through flat out at 56mph and there is no slowing down, so there average speed is 56mph.

the cars are going through at well above 60 so either the cameras arent working or the goverment is making a boat load of money from them. :open_mouth:

Half the thick drivers dont know what average means, that is why they brake for the cameras :unamused:

i heard they on a radio station they had taken about 200000 in speeding fines since the roadworks started this was about 6months ago :frowning:

Been doing 85kph since they were brought in and so far no letters in the post.

They also have cameras right at the speed limit entry and exit points so the people who see the NSL signs and speed up get done too :smiley:

Makes me chuckle to see them zip off then hit the anchors. Fortunately it’s wide enough and quiet enough when I’ve been out there that they didn’t cause any incidents…

Conor:
Been doing 85kph **[in a 80kph limit]**since they were brought in and so far no letters in the post.

:unamused:

Says Mr. Do-gooding-law-abider himself. You just couldn’t make it up.

Well seeing as there’s a 2% discrepancy, I could well be doing 50MPH actual speed.

And I’ve still not got any points.

Conor:
Well seeing as there’s a 2% discrepancy, I could well be doing 50MPH actual speed.

And I’ve still not got any points.

That is just stupid. I seriously hope you get caught on every segment through them and you lose your licence. No, really.

People like you shouldn’t be on the road. If your best argument for speeding through a 50mph speed camera controlled area is because “I haven’t been caught yet” and “you’re allowed x% tolerance” then you really are incredibly stupid.

Another point JD is that if you were being overtaken then these drivers were speeding plus they obviously hadn’t read the signs stating that the outside lane has a width limit of 7’ 6".

Had to chuckle today at an idiot relative, of one of my stepdad’s colleagues.

He just got his license taken away for speeding on the M18 roadworks.

He did it on FIVE consecutive nights, and was doing 85 through the 50s each time. He’d tried to plead that he didn’t know there was a reduced speed limit and 85 wasn’t that bad if you think it’s a 70.

Plonker.

I didn’t find out if they did him 5 times and under totting up, or as one prosecution and that’s it.