Speed awareness course

hi guys
anybody know if Lothian & Borders police run these courses or is it gonna be points ■■
Got done at 52 on A1 at “Loughhead Farm” (?sp)
just wondering if i can get out of the points (no arguement if not do the crime do the time) :frowning:

cheers guys

what was the speed limit there? i think you only get offered the coarse if just over the 10% limit ie 35 in a 30 zone or 46 in a 40 zone otherwise its points only :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

wildfire:
what was the speed limit there? i think you only get offered the coarse if just over the 10% limit ie 35 in a 30 zone or 46 in a 40 zone otherwise its points only :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Currently being discussed on a site and particularly a forum where a lot are TrafPol
pistonheads.com/gassing/topi … &mid=&nmt=

I can’t remember the exact figures for all speeds but I got done 39 in a 30 and IIRC the zone for the speed awareness option was 37-42MPH.

I did my course last week and although I didn’t learn anything new it did make me look at things from a different perspective. What frightened me was how many people weren’t aware of even basic stuff regarding roadcraft.

Cheers
Neilf

Dont think any of the scottish forces offer this but I may be wrong

Think that part is single carriage way

wildfire:

thanks guys
im guessing it is a 40mph single carriageway. weve had 4 tickets at our place all in the last few weeks.
All were in Berwick area one was doing 46, one 48 and the other 2 both doing 52. The others already had points so dont get offered but as I was just clean (6mth) I was hoping I might. But as said above I cant find whether they have them so thought id ask. Oh well looks like im getting points again.

Sorry in advance if anyone gets stuck behind me as from now on Ill be sticking to the limit. Did it the other day and the queues got quite big behind me. When I get to the small dual sections I will however stay at 40 for a minute to give the q chance to go then ill go to 50.

cheers for the replies guys

jc69817:
[. weve had 4 tickets at our place all in the last few weeks.
All were in Berwick area one was doing 46, one 48 and the other 2 both doing 52.

Dont want to pour fuel on your fire but 4 tickets to the same firm in a couple of weeks may attract the attention of a certain government agency

Yeah I know what you mean.
Daft thing is were hourly paid get no hassle from office so no need to speed.

How did you all get done? Patrol car, camera van etc ?

"“anybody know if Lothian & Borders police run these courses or is it gonna be points ■■”

Sorry buddy it will be points and a fixed penalty, Scottish Constabulary’s don’t offer Speed Awareness courses.

I think that if we all drove at 40 mph for a week the law would be changed.There are lots of s/c roads where 50 is both the norm and safe.

ajt:
How did you all get done? Patrol car, camera van etc ?

Not sure about the others but I don’t know. Never saw a flash or a van so your guess is as good as mine.
:slight_smile: