Re: A1 speed camera

Hi

So the day has came and i have received my "intended prosection"letter.

This is regarding getting court on th A1 Addestone.It says ive been snapped doing 46!

I except this,it was me trying to keep the traffic flowing threw the night.No excuse!!

My question is (may sound stupid)but ive been advised by the letter to send the complete form back to bedlington Ne633eu,Now will this count as uk or scotland?

I have never been snapped and got a clean license so would a speed awareness course be a choice?
thanks
safe trucking.

Mike

That will be Northumbrian Police that will deal with you so uk not Scotland. cheer’s

buses:
Hi

So the day has came and i have received my "intended prosection"letter.

This is regarding getting court on th A1 Addestone.It says ive been snapped doing 46!

I except this,it was me trying to keep the traffic flowing threw the night.No excuse!!

My question is (may sound stupid)but ive been advised by the letter to send the complete form back to bedlington Ne633eu,Now will this count as uk or scotland?

I have never been snapped and got a clean license so would a speed awareness course be a choice?
thanks
safe trucking.

Mike

You cannot ask for a speed awareness course, so If you’re offered the option I suggest you take it. Costs about £85 to £92 depending who you take it with, but it would cost that or more in a fine if you didn’t take it and you would also have points on your licence. However, the speed excess doesn’t seem to be consistent across the country, I know someone who was not offered the course for going about 36 in a 30 limit in Yorkshire, but last year I was offered one for unwittingly doing 42 in a 30 limit in Derbyshire! You can do the course anywhere in the country to suit you, ( I took mine in Sheffield) but if you arrive late - you forfeit both the original course and the money you have already paid for it! Good luck.

It is dependant on the police force involved where they let you take the course. Hampshire police for example will only let you take it in Hampshire. Living in ■■■■■■■ that was a bit a trek.

buses:
Now will this count as uk or scotland?

Scotland IS the UK.

blackbox:
That will be Northumbrian Police that will deal with you so uk not Scotland. cheer’s

Didn’t realise Scotland had already left the UK. Lol

I could be wrong but the intended prosecution letter would have included the option to take a speed awareness course.
Sorry but think you will be hit with the points.

No this sentence is an excuse, remember where you are. You where caught breaking the law and should be locked away and buggered for the rest of your days (probably an over-reaction but thats trolling for you), OMG I do hope your one of those heroes up my chuff when I’'m doing 39 in a 40… :wink:
46 mph in a 40 should be an automatic 6 points–think of the younglings :slight_smile:

Seriously though, please let us know if you are offered the option of an SAC as 46 in 40 is nothing really although I presume theres a few pedants on here who would disagree.

That camera got me at 46 and i got offered a course.

Snowgo:
That camera got me at 46 and i got offered a course.

Me too, 40 something, offered the course and with a list of venues so I took it close to home.

Dipper_Dave:
I could be wrong but the intended prosecution letter would have included the option to take a speed awareness course.
Sorry but think you will be hit with the points.

No this sentence is an excuse, remember where you are. You where caught breaking the law and should be locked away and buggered for the rest of your days (probably an over-reaction but thats trolling for you), OMG I do hope your one of those heroes up my chuff when I’'m doing 39 in a 40… :wink:
46 mph in a 40 should be an automatic 6 points–think of the younglings :slight_smile:

Seriously though, please let us know if you are offered the option of an SAC as 46 in 40 is nothing really although I presume theres a few pedants on here who would disagree.

Yes, you are wrong. The offer of a SAC comes after the NIP, and after you have identified yourself as the driver and given them the opportunity to check that you are eligible for a course (they cannot offer you a course if you have already been on one in the previous 3 years).

I thought we could do 56 everywhere?