Caught speeding - 50 in a 40 :(

I was out last week in a rigid and today found out I’ve been caught by a speed camera doing 50 in a 40 zone.

No excuses.

I’ve had a full, clean license all my driving life (20 years) - anyone know what will likely happen? What are the chances of getting a speed awareness course (for my first offence)?!

When the transport manager told me this morning I couldn’t really read him - didn’t know if he was mega pi$$ed or didn’t care - is it a big deal??

I’m new to HGV so sorry for stupid questions.

You can do the speed awareness course when the ticket comes through the post opt for that then you get a list of different places that do it and costs
If you get caught speeding again you won’t be able to do another one in 3 years

Spud

3 points,60 quid fine,who cares,take that as a worst case scenario,then take a day off and go out and get bladdered if your awareness option hits the doormat. :wink:

dieseldog999:
3 points,60 quid fine,

£100 now

you’ll only know when the NOP drops on the mat if you’ll be offered the Speed awareness as its not always a cert that
A . they do it in the area you were caught in …
B . its up to the Constabulary if they give the option …

If you get the course option take it and that’s it, no need to inform your insurance then…

On another note I actually found the course interesting as you get to see what Jo driver of the family saloon doesn’t understand about trucks and the regulations we work under.
I had a few people collar me at the coffee break asking questions which gave them a bigger picture of some of the things we have to deal with. educational all round as I even taught the coarse instructor something …

nick2008:
… as I even taught the coarse instructor something …

Was he that rough■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

exit:

nick2008:

He was off his trolly. Anti this anti that

nick2008:

exit:

nick2008:

He was off his trolly. Anti this anti that

Where’s the parrot? :smiley:

I heard that the speed was going up to 50mph on A roads is this correct and when ? Thanks

andrew.vaughan.1804:
I heard that the speed was going up to 50mph on A roads is this correct and when ? Thanks

Yep somebody said the same today. No further info though.

simonp:

andrew.vaughan.1804:

Yep somebody said the same today. No further info though.

next year 2015 apparently
and there is info out there if you put in google …"uk speed limits to increase " you’ll get this and you know its right as its the Gov website :wink:

gov.uk/government/news/11-m … mit-raised

Thanks for the info nick2008