Southampton grain terminal and parking?

I have a load of wheat on for southampton grain terminal in the morning and was wondering if anyone can give me directions to it? Also a quick run down of how to carry on when I get in there would be appreciated. Finally, does anyone know of any places to park near the docks as Ive been told you cant park on the docks anymore so looking for an industrial estate or something similar to park for the night. Cheers

xfmatt:
I have a load of wheat on for southampton grain terminal in the morning and was wondering if anyone can give me directions to it? Also a quick run down of how to carry on when I get in there would be appreciated. Finally, does anyone know of any places to park near the docks as Ive been told you cant park on the docks anymore so looking for an industrial estate or something similar to park for the night. Cheers

Nursling is close, not sure if there’s parking there though, we park in yard there.

Also, lots of people still park on the docks over near Pentalvers old yard, not heard of anyone getting done, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t, but a few of our drivers stayed down there with no probs.

Can’t help you with the grain terminal though, gate man will be able to help ya, they’re friendly enough :smiley:

dunno about directions but i have seen many trucks parked out outside dock gate 20 off to the left by boarhunt ainsclogh etc are along that road all ways sween trucks along there

peewee:
dunno about directions but i have seen many trucks parked out outside dock gate 20 off to the left by boarhunt ainsclogh etc are along that road all ways sween trucks along there

Not sure if they park there overnight though, it’s double yellows all the way over the bridge. Usually end up stopped there waiting for your vbs slot or the office to correct their ■■■■ ups rather than a daily rest.

waynedl:

peewee:

Not sure if they park there overnight though, it’s double yellows all the way over the bridge. Usually end up stopped there waiting for your vbs slot or the office to correct their [zb] ups rather than a daily rest.

where i mean is as u approach the lights from the dock exit on the left is a side road seen lorries over night there if u follow that road round it takes u too the front of dock gate 20 motorcycles auto planet and snows saab

maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&biw … a=N&tab=il

hopefully that will help road called first avenue

peewee:
Google Maps

hopefully that will help road called first avenue

Yeah Peewee, that’s also legal parking, gotta get there early though.

Food places on opposite side of road and garage just at the start, so not a bad place to stop.

IIRC, it’s dock gate 5.

Follow the road right to the end and the grain terminal is right opposite the Ocean cruise liner terminal.

No parking down there though.

park on 3rd avenue mate… shops and chippy near by also a good pub up on regents park road. plenty of lorrys on it over night and usually pretty safe… also a 24hr garage by maritimes yard… if u want anymore info pm me… i live in southampton

Try Empress road, loads of wagons park there, its the red light district so plenty of police presence to keep you safe :wink: .

There are two grain places in Soton one is the Hovis place in the western Docks, the other (dont know what its called now, but was Soufflet grain terminal when I worked there 12 years ago) is in the eastern docks.

Bacon Sandwich:
IIRC, it’s dock gate 5.

Follow the road right to the end and the grain terminal is right opposite the Ocean cruise liner terminal.

No parking down there though.

is nt it opposite where the queen mary berths been there once before but cant remember how i got there.

Cheers for all the help people! I am actually parked down 1st avenue near ainscough and boarhunt, just been across to olivers chippy for me tea and got a bloody shock at the price compared to home, maybe thats just me being a northener!! As for the grain terminal ive been told its dock gate 4 right at the bottom end. All signsorted apparently so shouldnt be too hard to find in morning. Cheers.

ahh ur at the end of my road then… y didnt u just go to mcd or kfc… loads cheaper

There’s parking and toilets in Southampton docks, i think its about £7, just ask the copper on the gate and he’ll direct you where to go.