parking in southampton

any one got any suggestions for parkin near southampton city center

there is a lorry park down near the docks but wouldnt reccomend it. the place i always go is head for dockgate 4 and when you get to the roundabout with the holiday inn on turn down so its on your right. its a disused dockgate entrance.then turn round at the bottom and park on either side of the road. cant say its 100% secure but i park there a lot and its normally quiet and safe. lots of wagons park there

most park on nursling ind est,of the m271 ,just not to close to tesco’s,they shunt in and out all night,

also they roads by dock gate 20 are good local parking if the dozen or so lorries every night would have you believe.?

id go w steve o on this one as u have pubs and the city centre with in 5mins walkin distance. go down there alot and there is always a few wagons parked up…

thanks for the replys peeps

whats the best way to get to dock gate 4 as i havent been to southampton before
i’ll be comin in to southampton via m3 / a 33

Follow the signs to the docks mate and then to west quay shopping centre. you will see the holiday in on the right hand side beside the Sea. go around the roundabout then take the 3rd exit back on ur self and thats it should end up outside the holiday in… want any more info u can jst pm me and ill try my best to help

You might find it impossible to park by the old dock gate. They are building up the boat show at the moment and keep it clear for bringing a lot of the boats etc in there.

Try nursling Ind estate, just off the m271 should be places there but now where for toilets or grub…or carry on to the bottom of the m271 first exit towards southampton then come off at the exit for the docks then head back on yourself and go past the shell garage on your left then next left, this will take you into a service road, i often see trucks parked up along here…I cant tell you if its safe as i`ve parked anywhere in southampton as i live there…but from the service road you have the shell garage then across the road kfc ,mc donalds and a tesco express until ten or you have a chippy next door…Hope this helps…

thanks for all the help peeps managed to get parked by the dock gate at the rear of the holiday Inn