Parking for the Container Ports

Some of you may know that i am fairly new to the container game…so i am trying to expand my knowledge of overnight parking spots near to the major container ports.

I know of the Worlds End nr Tilbury, and i believe you can overnight at Thamesport itself, using the bottom park, but don’t really know of places around Southamption, Felixstowe etc.

at felixstowe you,ve got the orwell truckstop on the a14. parking at the garage just outside gates but very limited spaces.you can also park in the port near the police station or near 86park and i,ve noticed lately a lot of trucks parked on the road by the north gates overnight.also plenty of laybys on a14 and a12 if you do,nt mind the noise not my cuppa tea though. theres also 2 truckstops around bury st eds one of which is free but again limited parking.hope this helps??

On the Occasions i’ve been to Southhampton we stopped on the Homebase CarPark, dont know if you still can though■■?

You can actually park in Southampton docks, its a tenner and there’s toilets and shower. Beats chancing a clamp outside.

Mike-C:
You can actually park in Southampton docks, its a tenner and there’s toilets and shower. Beats chancing a clamp outside.

Hope you can get in the Juniper Berry from there. {thats if its still open for business}

Mike-C:

Whereabouts is that in the docks?

Generally, if we have to park Southampton way, the company expect us to use our yard in Totton…they get very upset if we park at Rownhams! So we normally use Sutton Scotney.

DonutUK:

Mike-C:

Generally, if we have to park Southampton way, the company expect us to use our yard in Totton…they get very upset if we park at Rownhams! So we normally use Sutton Scotney.

does’nt elite have parking sorted at the ports :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: i would have thought they would have depots there.

jessicas dad:

DonutUK:

Mike-C:

does’nt elite have parking sorted at the ports :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: i would have thought they would have depots there.

Yep, they have got depots at Southampton, Felixstowe and Thamesport. But i am not sure what facilities they have got at them…judging by my yard at Birmingham, not a lot!

Plus i have heard from another driver that if we overnight in a depot we don’t get our night out money…but i can’t believe that to be true…i parked in our Manchester base last week, and have been paid for it…

you can park by area 3 on the left in southampton or round by the criuse terminal i prefer to park by the saab dealer on the front but you have to be early because it gets busy coz its free! you have plenty of choice for tea aswell! you can also park on the left before you go into the dock just not on the double yellows my m8 got moved from there the other week altho you use to be able to park on them with no agro! :smiley:

DonutUK:

jessicas dad:

DonutUK:

Mike-C:

Yep, they have got depots at Southampton, Felixstowe and Thamesport. But i am not sure what facilities they have got at them…judging by my yard at Birmingham, not a lot!
Plus i have heard from another driver that if we overnight in a depot we don’t get our night out money…but i can’t believe that to be true…i parked in our Manchester base last week, and have been paid for it…

don’t know about Birmingham, but at Manchester and Southampton, there is showers and toilet facilities, there is a drivers rest room with TV, Microwave, kettle and sink and such like at Southampton, not sure about Manchester, Thamesport, there is just an office at the port at the side of the lorry park infront of drivers reception, there is a cafe that is open until 9pm (i think) in the lorry park

dont forget about seafoth (liverpool) you cant park anywhere over night even if you have no time left they will sign you chart and move you on! theres 1 toilet which is like the 1 of trainspotting (hanging) there is a butty van there sometimes but its far to expensive and you will need to use the toilet bout 10mins later! the worst dock in the country by far :unamused: :smiley:

Just outside the dock gates at seaforth, the bottom ones not the main gates, (i think its strand road) is the rubber duck pub.
Keep your work gear on it aint plush :laughing: :laughing:
Trisha behind the bar aint no shrinking violet either :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Is the Routemasters still open in felixstowe? It was a right dive but i could always get parked up and get a pint

JB:
Is the Routemasters still open in felixstowe? It was a right dive but i could always get parked up and get a pint

No, Lttle Sarajevo is all boarded up and empty, bar 2 offices upstairs! The parking is contract only. :imp:

And like most places in Felixstowe now, you WILL be clamped :unamused:

Too Fat To Fly:

so they expect to be able to process hundreds if not thousands of lorries a day but provide no parking for them :confused: :confused: :confused:

i think i would park near the repsol garage have a wander over to the port police and registar with them i have run out of time and what do they suggest. get officers name numbers and rank then follow their instructions. :bulb:

JB:
Just outside the dock gates at seaforth, the bottom ones not the main gates, (i think its strand road) is the rubber duck pub.
Keep your work gear on it aint plush :laughing: :laughing:
Trisha behind the bar aint no shrinking violet either :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Parked up outside The Rubber Duck the other week and went in for a pint or 3 and I must say a nice pint of beer but I would sugest putting overalls on before going in to sit down , but the ladies seemed very hospitable :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

As for parking at Felixstowe if your picking up a trailor from Norfolk Line thanks to some drivers leaving presents in Tosco bags and walking around without Hivis’s on and behind a trailor revering onto a dock we are now not aloud to parkup behind 92 shed :frowning: I mean it’s such a walk to the craper of about 50 yds :imp: :imp:

jessicas dad:

Too Fat To Fly:

so they expect to be able to process hundreds if not thousands of lorries a day but provide no parking for them :confused: :confused: :confused:

I started a thread about Fxt/parking, a few months ago, about the BP in particular. :imp:

jessicas dad:
i think i would park near the repsol garage have a wander over to the port police and registar with them i have run out of time and what do they suggest. get officers name numbers and rank then follow their instructions. :bulb:

I’d like to be a fly on the wall ! :open_mouth: :grimacing:

You can park on the docks as already mentioned, dont park anywhere outside the dock other than the marked bays at the BP, the parking ■■■■ will get you :imp:

dont forget the fines at felixstowe are a cival thing…Just do what we do at ransomes euro park cut the clamp off…parking at felix…the old A14 where op stack there are several big laybys and the road is fairly quiet at night…or instead of going right at the dock spur roundabout go straight on towards the town and theres 2 long laybys on each side of the road but this is the main road into town on the single carrageway so can get noisy…I would personaly stay away from the 2 laybys on the duel carrageway near the port(not very good neighbours on 1 side)