Sorry

If I cansed any inconvenience to anyone as that was me broken down on the A1 just north of Eyemouth as the piston decided it didn’t want to be in the engine anymore so blow out all over the road along with the water & oil had a small fire which I managed to put out after calling the fire brigade yep the did attend where happy it was fine after a good check the police where there to direct traffic around me

This all happened at 05.30 it did take a while to get recovery due to where I was ( middle of nowhere ) but the police where fine as they knew what was going on & how long it would take they had to stay as the company that looks after Scottish roads don’t come down that far ( police not happy about that think they are going to contact company ) big thanks to my boss who was good about all of this even though I did wake him up

Eventually got to MAN in Broxburn 13.00 they guys there were good made me coffee ( not out of the machine stuff ) eventually sorted after several phone calls text I said I would get the train home rather than wait for boss to come pick me up as he was Birmingham area ( yep I did pay but will get money back as this was the easiest ) MAN did give me a lift so I could get the train back home

See this is why Women wont work in transport, a male driver gets ■■■■■ he pulls over into a layby and closes the curtains, sticks on a DVD and well…

A Woman has to call out the bloody Fire brigade for some eye candy :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

Reef:
S
A Woman has to call out the bloody Fire brigade for some eye candy :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm not really have seen plenty in my time but some of them were actually female :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A proper driver would have fixed it at the road side.

mac12:

Sorry didn’t have all the tools had some but not enough

animal:
If I cansed any inconvenience to anyone as that was me broken down on the A1 just north of Eyemouth as the piston decided it didn’t want to be in the engine anymore so blow out all over the road along with the water & oil had a small fire which I managed to put out after calling the fire brigade yep the did attend where happy it was fine after a good check the police where there to direct traffic around me

This all happened at 05.30 it did take a while to get recovery due to where I was ( middle of nowhere ) but the police where fine as they knew what was going on & how long it would take they had to stay as the company that looks after Scottish roads don’t come down that far ( police not happy about that think they are going to contact company ) big thanks to my boss who was good about all of this even though I did wake him up

Eventually got to MAN in Broxburn 13.00 they guys there were good made me coffee ( not out of the machine stuff ) eventually sorted after several phone calls text I said I would get the train home rather than wait for boss to come pick me up as he was Birmingham area ( yep I did pay but will get money back as this was the easiest ) MAN did give me a lift so I could get the train back home

You been taking tips off of our dozy??. Actually no he would of had an anxiety attack at the thoughts of using the extinguisher

Ta

discoman:

animal:

You been taking tips off of our dozy??. Actually no he would of had an anxiety attack at the thoughts of using the extinguisher

Ta

Since I got back I’ve been given the biggest pile ■■■■ in yard , so I’d of got my stuff out and sat on grass bank and :laughing: as it burnt , wpuldnt of been able to ring fire brigade as no signal on phone in Scotland

animal:

mac12:

Sorry didn’t have all the tools had some but not enough

That was a pity, never mind you no for next time.

dozy:
Since I got back I’ve been given the biggest pile [zb] in yard , so I’d of got my stuff out and sat on grass bank and :laughing: as it burnt , wpuldnt of been able to ring fire brigade as no signal on phone in Scotland

Surprising as it may sound but you can actually get a striong signal in some of the wildest places far away from centres of civilisation.

animal:
… the piston decided it didn’t want to be in the engine anymore …

I’m sure you asked it in a perfectly reasonable way to stay where it was, but it’s not your fault that it just decided otherwise.

animal:
… had a small fire which I managed to put out…

I asked it not to, but if a fire threatens my flask and butties it can jolly well look out. :exclamation:

animal:
… get the train back home.

I have to agree with mac12 here; this was hardly cause to call anybody out, let alone abandoning ship for the least excuse and going home on the train. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:bulb: An experienced driver would have put the tacho on break, then sorted it (within 45mins) and cracked on. :wink: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, I’m sure it was all quite traumatic and I’m glad you’re OK and back home in one piece. :smiley:

raymundo:

dozy:
Since I got back I’ve been given the biggest pile [zb] in yard , so I’d of got my stuff out and sat on grass bank and :laughing: as it burnt , wpuldnt of been able to ring fire brigade as no signal on phone in Scotland

Surprising as it may sound but you can actually get a striong signal in some of the wildest places far away from centres of civilisation.

And none in some places that are very well frequented, like the villages (and Shell station) near Liphook in Hampshire, the Tot Hill services outside Newbury (well, 2G only), the industrial estate near Bordon, Hants where I worked a few weeks ago doing day runs to Birmingham and needed Google Maps to tell me where the traffic is so I could decide whether to go via the M25 or out to the A34 …